[iPhone] OpenFeint

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozden79

Francisco,

Forget the template and build from scratch (refer to Opefeint Readme.txt file on how to do it), it takes a couple of minutes only and I could compile and submit our new game "Birdie In Trouble" without any problem with v2.4.5.

Ãâ€"zden

fjsantosb

Hi Ozden,

Thanks for your reply, but the problem arise when I updated GLBasic to 7.308. (have you compile your new game with this version?).

King Regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

Ozden79

Francisco,

Yes, I've the latest version (checked just now) and compiled the game with that version.

Ãâ€"zden

fjsantosb

Hi Ozden,

Then i will try to build from scratch.

Thanks for your help!

King Regards, fjsantos.

pd-> It looks great your new game!!

Ozden79

You're welcome, let me know if you need any help on it...

Glad you liked the new game "Birdie In Trouble", seen it's video?

Ãâ€"zden

trucidare

you can build own xcode projects just import openfein folder and the lib i created and add prefix in prefix.pch

my template was only a easy to use solution. you can simply backup libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a copy the template described in first post and then overwrite the  libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a with your back uped one and all is done.

MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

fjsantosb

Hi there,

I am not tried to compiled yet, but thanks for your help Ozden. Yep i saw the video of 'Bridie in trouble' and it's seems very playable!

Thanks for your continuous helping trucidare, i will try from scratch following instructions.

King Regards, fjsantos.

fjsantosb

Hi there,

I have managed to build iPhone OpenFeint enabled App from scratch, it was kinda easy following instructions on OpenFeint readme and adding OpenFeint trucidare lib.

Thanks for helping!

King Regards, fjsantos.

jaywat

@trucidare,

I've been playing with Openfeint using your lib, and got it working with Openfeint 2.4.5, which is very cool, thankyou!

Is the OpenFeint.gbas a complete list of all the calls supported by your library?

What I'd really, really like is support for 'Downloading leaderboard data for custom display' as detailed here: http://www.openfeint.com/developers/support/index.php/kb/article/000028

The game has a lot of gameplay variants and each has a high score table, and it's very cumbersome for a player to have to scroll through pages of score tables from the Openfeint Dashboard, all the while trying to remember which table they want to compare! So I'd like to be able to download and show them the world leaderboard at game end, instead.

Would this be possible to include in your library, and as a similarly accessible function in your gbas? If so, would you consider it? pretty please? with sugar on top? :)

trucidare

cant say it yet... have to speak to kittie how convert nsmutable array to dgstr or dgarray for easy use in glbasic.

but noticed this
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Kitty Hello

That should be pretty easy.

void GetArray(DGStrArray& array)
{
REDIM(array, 0); // Clean all elements
For each element in an array
   const char* pChar = GetTheASCII_Version_of_the_element();
   DIMPUSH(array, DGStr(pChar) );
Next
}

mykyl66

Hopefully your right Kitty. Would be good to have this.

Cheers

Mike

Dark Schneider

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a way to detect if dashboard is visible to pause the game, for example if the user touchs at the new achievement unlocked.

Kitty Hello

The game is auto-paused with the dashboard visible.

Dark Schneider

OK, then the right term would be "auto-locked", but I think it is locked when dashboard is completely shown, my game is an action one, and when I touch to show the achievement unlocked, see it, and return to game, I lose "something" in the process. I say it because I accumulate some MISS (that is when you lose a target out of the screen).

IMO it would be a good idea to "lock" the game just when begin to show the dashboard and "unlock" after a second or two that it hides completely, if possible.

But, as achievements are not something you unlock so many times surely it is not priority.

I am compiling with the OpenFeint 2.4.5 instead with the one included in the lib.