Glbasic for Marmalade SDK?

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2014-Jul-19
The forums and general help are rather terse too - not really a lot of help there.

We are all stud born forum wise, nothing beats this one, I´m still to find one that is half as cool. :booze:

spacefractal

Damn... im have not see this one cost money. Grrr, im hata that form of markedthing when they uses "Free" on the frontpage, when its not a free software..... So its have tricked me, they should change "Download Free SDK" to "Download SDK" to avoid the issue. Here SDK like Corona does a much better job and does not hide thing at all with thier priceing. Im like that.

So sadly this is not a way, but still im do like the idea and its Framework they gonna to been uses.

PS. But the SDK here is still very promice.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

That marketing style is sure called Marmelada hehe :D

kanonet

Maybe you could try out Gameplay3D, since it sounds like its aiming at the same way, but is opensource. I had not time to try it myself yet, especially since it only works with VS2013 in windows (and I want to use C::B + GCC).
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

That is too object oriented based to enable it to be used in a BASIC style environment unfortunately.

Kitty Hello

GLBasic uses its own string class DGStr and you can easily convert from/to char*...

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

MrTAToad

I use std::string mainly because there are a few functions in the CStr class that would be in the main source file   (and thus not present in the header file).  Whilst it could be guessed at what they do, it would have meant testing that too :)

MrTAToad

I found the Marmalade problem - their emulator will only allow debug mode applications...  Because they want you to buy the appropriate package for Windows applications...

I think we'll ignore Marmalade - not being able to produce a Windows executable as standard that other people could use is a bit of problem...

MrTAToad

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Jul-19
Damn... im have not see this one cost money. Grrr, im hata that form of markedthing when they uses "Free" on the frontpage, when its not a free software..... So its have tricked me, they should change "Download Free SDK" to "Download SDK" to avoid the issue. Here SDK like Corona does a much better job and does not hide thing at all with thier priceing. Im like that.

So sadly this is not a way, but still im do like the idea and its Framework they gonna to been uses.

PS. But the SDK here is still very promice.
Yes, the actual code is nice to use - at the moment there does seem to be problems with VS 2013 :)

It would certainly be a costly system to use if you want to develop for Windows!  It would cost £350.23 for the SDK !

MrTAToad

Quote from: erico on 2014-Jul-19
That marketing style is sure called Marmelada hehe :D
Certainly is!

MrTAToad

I'm going to see if rendering in Gameplay3D can be done anywhere and at any time, but I dont think its possible...

Hemlos

Im just glad Gernot still reads some stuff around here.
He told me recently, that he is extremely busy with life in general.
TBH with you, just the fact GLBasic is what is today, shocks me.

(googles marmalade)
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Hemlos

Interesting..but doesnt glbasic already compile for all those systems?
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

MrTAToad

Yes!

The idea was to find a new area to take GLBasic - one ready for Visual Studio/Codeblocks, with the simplicity of GLBasic but with the power of whatever engine was being used.

Unfortunately, whilst Marmalade is a simple, sequential running system, it has two problems : Coding for Windows costs extra, and Linux isn't supported...

Gameplay3D is object orientated, so wouldn't work in a system where graphics can be displayed at any time (although I have queried that - and hopefully will get an answer one way or the other).

spacefractal

im still just hope Gernot a day release it as Open Source as same way Mark does with Monkey X. Its would been easier to find and fix eventuelly bugs.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/