I bought a Windows Phone Device :O

Previous topic - Next topic

Moru

Ofcourse everything is made in china nowadays. But there is a difference between those that are made on license and those products that are made in the same factory after the production has moved. Then they switch to cheaper components and cut corners to make a cheaper product to outsell the product they just made on order.

erico

Quote from: Moru on 2014-Oct-08
Ofcourse everything is made in china nowadays....

Inside my amiga 4k was a feast of korea / china microchips, so as pretty much all my ancient electro gears.
I kind of believe all this was always made over there, it is just more known these days.
People bring these strange ideas about slave work and low quality, but seriously they produce both high and low quality, but importers from other countries usually buy the low quality to rebrand and profit and thus create this concept, so it is not a China problem. The ´slaves´kind of don´t fit too if you consider the value convertion of the currencies and power of aquisition it has on china, like if you convert that salary to dollars it may look like slave work, but that money actually is enough to live ok on China´s economy and prices and so on.

Also, I´m not sure microsoft will drop the mobile bone, I doubt it.
Certanly I agree the moment is more likely better for working out what GLB currently supports and wait a while till microsoft matures a bit more.
Like what they did with the console marketing, I believe they may use the same strategy to get in.

MrTAToad

I've got Amiga Forever emulator (with licensed ROMs now), mainly because it was time to get it :)

Got a video showing the C64 and Amiga versions of Outrun Europa : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27jjf9_c64-v-amiga-version-of-outrun-europa_videogames.  The Amiga part was done before I worked out how to get it running in full screen with decent sound.

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Can get the Amiga into full screen without mucking around with the sound too much now.  Got this one with Afterburner now : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27jxc3_c64-v-amiga-version-of-afterburner-activision-version_videogames

erico

Uau! that c64 version of outrun europa is amazing! :o
I have never seen it, it has a neat way to draw the road without having to use curves but something like a set of tiles. really good teknic to look closer!

MrTAToad

There are better examples really - Turbocharge being rather better with split tracks