100% indie mobile game portal

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

So it is about this here:
http://indiegames.com/2013/02/chillingo_samsung_unveil_100_i.html#more

It seems to be a good thing for those who already have android games going. (for GACK too!)
I haven´t read to the full extend yet.

What do you guys think?

http://www.100percentindie.com/join/

erico

Nobody interested? O_O

I did sign up and Allan contacted me a few times.
I will post part of the message here, hope he dosen´t mind:

Courtesy of our partners at Samsung we are offering developers a 100 percent revenue share at Samsung Apps.
Do you have a game listed on Google Play or Amazon Appstore?
Join 100% Indie, send us your games for us to approve and we'll tell you how you can keep 100% of revenue if you get your games on Samsung Apps.

This program is all about self-publishing - YOU publish and keep all the revenue.
Move quickly – our 1st games will goes live on 4th - March we are fast-tracking the first 3,000 developers to join.

So, are you in?

Well, I´m in but I have no game :S
First game is still going to take a month to finish, all beta tests and stuff, but I sure want to deliver it on android.

My case apart, maybe those of you that have apps/games already done can take part?
Maybe GACK Gernot?

I do have a list of stores here I would like to have my stuff available, but it is always good to take place on a new one.
If the backup from samsung is as strong, it could mean they are going to promote a lot the first apps/games so to promote their own store.

Sounds good to me! ;)

mentalthink

I think I speak whit they guy of this page when I did the Fanstasy Bricks for promote... BUt I think he tolds about only promote PC Indie Games...

For sell games I think the best Place it's Steam, now they have support for Linux, and I think this can be a good market for us...

If we are a bit more Smart, we think in make a serious Group Game.... And we can have a very very complex and profesional Game...  :bed: :whistle:

Schranz0r

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Feb-27
If we are a bit more Smart, we think in make a serious Group Game.... And we can have a very very complex and profesional Game...  :bed: :whistle:

Yepp, thats a brilliant idea!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

Hmm, EA are behind this portal(-1), of claims the the indie devs get 100% revenue but this decreases over time to 70%. This brings it inline with the Apple App Store eventually, kinda sneaky if you ask me.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

a bit late I saw this thread, so I have just joined and then I see what happens tomorrow. I will try with Genius Greedy Mouse with version 1.3.1, which works very well on Android (just updated on Google Play today).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Good read. I had hints that EA is not the best company there is. Comments on the article and on gamasutra kind of states similar but they are very scarse.

I will give it better thoughts, it is still a while till I have to use any store.

But this could be safe, I mean, it is not that they are stealing your stuff or anything.
If payment and fees became a burden, I can always drop out.

spacefractal

very interesting. Look like they have too complicated upload producere, so hope fully they have leant about that when they open the new portal.

For me there is no seance to upload so many times for the extract same APK.

For me there would been moce seance to do for each Android version they used and want to support, and not by screensize (which in Greedy Mouse designed to been support any resoulution).

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Feb-27

While it is true that together we can cough up an extreme game benefiting from each one´s abilities, it is also hard to do a group-job specially considering free time and money.

I have done my share of group forum projects way back on amos factory, it is a tough thing to pull.
I have done some here too. While some I was able to keep up, others I simply couldn´t for personal reasons.

For those I could not, I do feel bad. But alas we must move forward.
I do wish to work together with more people, as it is clear that together we can reach more.

But currently, I think it is better that I first pull my stuff together, have a few self-done games going and selling, and then, to look for people to tag with. I think the generalist experience of completing and releasing a few projects is important to mature this idea.

But no doubts that together we can rule the world! :good: ;)

spacefractal

Now it's a different service, and I try to contact them. I have just replied to the email I got around info about subject a app. So it's let a try what it's happens. The game in subject is of course Genius Greedy Mouse. The only glbasic I have finished yet (which took some time as well).

spacefractal

of course there is some installation issues and I have a bit some trouble to upload a file. Howover even the zipfile they got, they have still have som install issues. Nothing I have seen before. Howover I do have registred a Samsung App account and then hopefully can get approved the commercial status (they require a lots of info, and not all I can give).

Howover I have ordered a little Samgsung Tab2, which I first have next week, but its a different screensize than all other tables I have, so its not 100% due this one (I saw that table last year and I really liked it, but did just never brought that).

When I get the tablet, then I will see why the install wont happens (while here its have not have been such a issue). Its property some sign issue, while the Google Play version works nice.

Also they dosent use the Google Play License Service (while the internal DRM they have totally been deprected), Samsung uses its own, but its very similar (but by now its crash on a simple Handler() object, nothing the drm to do, but time was just not with me.

So im are serious trying this service and hopefully I can get the install as well commercial status in work (last one do also take time as well).

erico

Good to know Spacefractal.

I should be picking up a galaxy note II later today (it is at my parents waiting for me ;)) and hope to start the android thing.
I wish I won´t get into too many problems with android, other then having to adapt the game´s layout to touch control :puke:.

spacefractal

for me, im diddent like the assest copy, which was too slow, so Im implemeted my own, which is very transperancy. Same with the orientation issue (not the swap x/y issue, which is fixed). Both issues can been fixed by the java communication calls throught. But good luck to you too.

howver its a long weekend to me to I get that device....

Im will write back here, after checking what its happens with installation thing.

erico

Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Mar-07
...Both issues can been fixed by the java communication calls throught....

Don´t scare me :O

I have hopes things will work out fine and straight out of the box (with the help from a set of bookmarked posts on the android subject :P), I only need landscape mode and don´t have much data to load.

Good thing we will be adding these 2 devices to the current list of devices, and we can check if GLB is doing fine on them. :good: