Online game

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordcaim

I am wondering if anyone would like to help me with creating a MMO style game.  :nw: If someone could supply me with a code for that kind of game I think I can do the rest. I'm thinking of a 2D side scroller with a lobby area(citys) then players go to copters to go to places around the world to fight monsters with friends. Also get a certain number of kills you'd rank up and you armor changes color.  :good:
My profile picture is something I put together with paint showing the character models(guys in armor=players orange things=enemys).

I am asking this (for who are wondering) because I would like some practice with this kind of game style before the summer, where I'll be working on a large one. I'll submit the final project here, and possibly other places.  =D

Also the problem in my other post still is in effect...

Ian Price

Before diving into something as complex as an MMO, you need to learn the basics and get simple games up and running first. Jumping right into the deep end is not going to do you any favours, and will more than likely be discouraging.

Even with the assistance of someone that does know what thery are doing, this would be a lengthy and difficult job. I think you should consider it as a future project, rather than a current one.

By all means, seek assistance with your game (and we're all willing to leand a hand), but learn to walk before trying to run. :)

I like the idea though.
I came. I saw. I played.

Tenorm

There´s a demo for a onlinegame in the glbasic folder:
...GLBasic/Samples/Network/HelloNet (or SimpleDemo)!

Tenorm

REEDIT:

At first, you should make the game for one or two Players (Splitscreen) :good: