3D Function compatibility

Previous topic - Next topic

belial

First, Hi all! It's my first post.

I'm making an app using x_DOT and X_LINE. While supported on PC, neither my GP2X-WIZ and my Dell Axim X51V seem to be able to render them. I would like to know if they are supported on IOS, Android and WebOS platforms.

Belial

belial

I was also wandering about polyvector functions...

Qube

Hi, welcome on board  :)

iOS is ok with X_LINE and polyvector but not with X_DOT. If you want a dot on iOS then just use X_LINE with from and to as the same location.

belial

Kitty Hello

The software renderer (GP2X, WinCE) might not render 3D points and lines. Sorry :(

belial

Me too but thanks for the fast answers!

I was wandering, why can't axim x50V 3D acceleration be used?

Kitty Hello

That would be a huge change in the code. And honestly, that device is almost 5 years old.

belial

Even older lol came out in 2003 i think.  =D

mentalthink

Yes 3D works very fine in iOS, Android and Palm Pre, some little things like dots and lines, as commented in some platforms don´t runs well, but in example if you need a dot, you can draw a simple Sphere, be carefully whit the number of polygons, and a line whit a simple tube, or better a box...

The 3D engine it´s simple but very powerfull, you can see, whit only a few commands can be done, very excinting things in 3D, only I take in fault some little things like shaders, but this can be a great trouble whit the difference of chracteristics in every device... and well a 3D Physics engine for Devices mobiles, in Pc you have the library Newton, but only it´s for PC... but another trick, it´s you can use Box2D, a library for 2d physics, and implement in 3D world, you have to think a little about the behaviour in the 3D world, so 2D to 3D...

Belial, welcome to the forum, and enjoy!!!

Kinds Regards,

erico

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Dec-22
That would be a huge change in the code. And honestly, that device is almost 5 years old.

I guess it would be the same hard work to use the 3d chip inside caanoo (cant remember the name, pullox?)?

Kitty Hello

I fear it will feature a lot of "broken" commands. So getting everything to work properly might be a nightmare. I also assume that 2D speed will suffer dramatically then.

belial

The other option for my project would be to use MEM2SPRITE and SPRITE2MEM functions. Are they working well on IOS and Android?

Kitty Hello

yes, that should be pretty fast, even.