Making a 64bit compiling platform

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

So I've decided to try and make my own folder for the Compilers/platform folder, so I can compile 64bit programs.
Right now I've only copied over the 32bit folder, changed its name, and added the -m64 flag to the g++ compiling options. Of course it throws an error, this one:

Code (glbasic) Select

gpc_temp46.cpp:1: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in

So now I have to look for a Windows g++ compiler with 64bit mode compiled in, which will work with the rest as well. Any tips?  ;)

r0ber7

I have found mingw-64, a 64bit development environment. Let's try shoving their compiler into GLBasic.  :D

r0ber7

Ok, so I'm messing around with this. One problem I have is that I do not get any error messages. I just get this:

Code (glbasic) Select

compiling:
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

How would I get more error messages? If I do not know what the problem is, I cannot fix it...

r0ber7

Ok, compiling is now working. Now I get this:

Code (glbasic) Select

linking:
C:/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Win64/Bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lGLBasicWin32
C:/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Win64/Bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lCxImageWin32
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

It turns out these libraries exist in the Win32 version, but they are 32bit libraries of course. How can I get a 64bit version of these libraries?  :|

I guess I could compile or find a 64 bit version of CxImage library, but what about "GLBasicWin32"? I hope this is still possible.

r0ber7

Hang on! Did I just realize that the Steam version has 64bit support?  :blink:  :giveup:

erico

Now that you said I went to check, and there is an icon as win 64 on the multi platform compile.
Since I installed and went about using it, I was hitting F5 as usual and the compile window states win32, so I guess that is the standard.

Haven´t tried the 64 version yet.

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2019-Nov-05
Now that you said I went to check, and there is an icon as win 64 on the multi platform compile.
Since I installed and went about using it, I was hitting F5 as usual and the compile window states win32, so I guess that is the standard.

Haven´t tried the 64 version yet.

For the Steam version I probably have to buy again?

spacefractal

im cant give steam away. The steam version have 32/64 bit Windows. But we dont really need the 64bit on Windows yet or forced right now (This is on the Mac and iOS), but nice to have for sure for the future! Also you also get Android Studio version of Android platform.

You can ask Gernot, but glbasic on steam is cheaper.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/