Androids Works on emulator!!! Yesss.

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

HI Oscar, I you need to use how least 2.1 or 2.2, be careful, if you use 3.0 don´t works. Perphaps, can run, but in my case don´t make it.

Kinds Regards,
Iván J.

Xaron

Quote from: matchy on 2011-Apr-26
Apart from the white 2D, it's actually quite good as it can create a complete game and 3D works also. List here:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6163.msg48793#msg48793

Has that changed? Because I can use colored 2D lines without problems on my Desire HD...

OscarBraindeaD

Thanks mental,
I tried with api 2.3.3 and it installs but, when it runs, i only get a black screen and returns to the menu screen.
Same with the 2.2 api... Hmmm... weird. Maybe it is due I'm using demo version of GLBasic.
I'll try only showing some text not graphics at all...

Regards

MrTAToad

You need Android OS 2.2 - I think its around level 5

White lines are due to the emulator (and certain tablets and phones) not supporting various OpenGL extensions

Kitty Hello

Level 8 - Android 2.2 (Froyo) required.

BdR

*kicks thread*

I'm interested in bringing my games to Android now, so I've been testing GLBasic with the Android emulator and it works great! :good: Just press build multiplatform for Android and it creates an app and runs it in the emulator, amazing!

Here are some things I've found. The Android emulator in general is a bit flaky and unreliable (Google's fault, not GLBasic). For me it sometimes crashes on Android version 2.2 and 2.3.3, but at other times it runs just fine, so I don't know what causes it. I haven't seen it crash with v4.0.3 (yet).

When the emulator does work it's slow so don't expect to run and test your game at normal speed (especially action games). I guess it's mainly usefull to see if you app can start and if screen orientation is correct etc.

You can press CTRL+F11 or CTRL+F12 to flip the emulator 90 degrees (simulate tilting the device). Although, when I do this while my GLBasic app is running it crashes the app, not the emulator. Android give an error message and closes the app, which you can then just restart by tapping your app's icon again.