Android build question

Previous topic - Next topic

Falstaff

I'm having problems building my project on my desktop. Fortunately my laptop builds ok, so it's obviously something in my setup. I have recently been toying around trying to get java to be detected, and have made sure to add it to the path, but I'm still having problems.

Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:5160 commands
compile+link:
running Android build-script...
BUILD STAGE 1: Compile and pack

WARNING: Java not found in your path.
Checking if it's installed in C:\Program Files\Java instead (64-bit).

Java was found at C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin\java.exe.
Please consider adding it to your path:
- Under Windows XP, open Control Panel / System / Advanced / Environment Variables
- Under Windows Vista or Windows 7, open Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables
At the end of the "Path" entry in "User variables", add the following:
  ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin\java.exe

'"java.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
BUILD STAGE 2: Install on device
'"java.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
finished Android build-script.
Android=C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Game dev\Zombie Heads\code\glbasic\zombietest 0.50 - emu and small tweaks\distribute\Android
success
Elapsed: 20.0 sec. Time: 06:03
Build: 1 succeeded.

It says build succeeded, but it didn't make a new binary :/

I'm not sure why it can't find java.exe. I've got it in the system path, and when I type "java" in a command console it comes up fine. I do have 64 bit windows, and the java sdk installed. I was also getting an error about not finding swt.jar, but I was able to download a 64 bit version of it and at least that error doesn't show up. At a loss for this last one though.

Any ideas?

MrTAToad

In the Environment variables, you should have :

ANDROID_SWT = C:\Android\android-sdk\tools\lib\x86
JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_25

and this in the PATH = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\bin;C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools;C:\Android\android-sdk\tools

Currently Java 1.7 can't be used (it also affects other programs too).

Falstaff

Ok this sounds good.. does it matter I downloaded and installed the Android SDK as well? I don't think it should, since I had this problem before I installed the SDK, but yeah I'm hoping there aren't any conflicts from that as well.. but yeah didn't realize it was a jdk 1.7 issue; I'll see about downloading 1.6. Thanks :)

MrTAToad

Yes, you do need the Android SDK as well unfortunately...

Falstaff

Right I just meant GLB comes packaged with android-sdk, but I also downloaded and installed it separately to do some other dev with it.. hoping there's no conflicts between GLB's android-sdk and the 'real' one I have installed under c:\android-sdk

MrTAToad

It would only be a problem if both are in %PATH% :)