Reggie World ( Pandora , PC )

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Quote from: nabz32 on 2015-Aug-21
@erico:
The only bubble of reality would be when enemys are on moving platforms and are thus calculated outside the main Bubble,
if I understood you correctly.

Yep, like minecraft for example, the real time reality is happening on the chunk a player is on, other chunks are frozen.
Or like a high complex rogue like, where things are heavily calculated around the player and outside it the calculation eases up.

kanonet

Ideas:
- Something that you can throw or shot at triggers that you cant reach otherwise (bow+arror, or boomerang?)
- hang glider for -imaging- gliding down big mountains and over rivers etc.
- lasso
- diving gear for underwater level
- shoes with vacuum cups for upside down levels (if you 'jump* you would fall down of cause, but you can use your lasso to get back the ceiling)
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

nabz32

Quote from: kanonet on 2015-Aug-22
Ideas:
- Something that you can throw or shot at triggers that you cant reach otherwise (bow+arror, or boomerang?)
- hang glider for -imaging- gliding down big mountains and over rivers etc.
- lasso
- diving gear for underwater level
- shoes with vacuum cups for upside down levels (if you 'jump* you would fall down of cause, but you can use your lasso to get back the ceiling)

I also thought of a hang glider,
but there is also the jetpack Reggie can use, of course the hang glider would have a completly different control style
to it, maybe I add this later in the game.

A boomerang is a nice idea, I think I will position it on reggies back when he has got one and it is not shot currently.

I also thought of vacuum shoes, that way reggie could walk on all walls
( maybe I make a tile type, with walls reggie can´t walk with
this shoes ), with some little expansions of the grid collision routine, this could work.
However this would be a very strong power up, the Player shouldn´t be able to use it
all the time after he has gotten it ). Maybe I will do this after I am 100% shure about the diagonal grid collision,
which keeps me worried all the time.

Diving gear is a nice idea, I only thought of bubbles that give you air temporarly
and an air potion which you can buy at shops. The gear will give you air
as well as speed you up.
I could incorporate it in the game ,by updating reggies texture and adding the air tank to his back.

nabz32

I have send a test version to some people on this forum,
anyone interested ( preferably who owns a Pandora),
feel free to send me a PM or reply to this thread, thx in advance.

nabz32

Today I changed the games inventory system to a ring menue system
like in Secret of mana. ( An action RPG inventory system for an action adventure Platformer :) )

Made controls via nubs possible again on the Pandora.
( Select it in the options and you have to set the left Nub into joystick mode ).

collision with diagonal walls is now hopefully perfect on the Pandora ( can´t test it right now, because I left my Pandora at a friend )

There is also a new test version out.
I would be glad if anyone is willing to test it.

erico

Hey nabz, I have been testin the pc version, all fine so far.
had some work till yesterday, so now I can test it better and deeper.

I looks really great so far!

nabz32

thats good to hear :).
But there where some bugs that have been fixed now
( when you threw a portable object into a Wall, it would shortly be positioned at the top of the wall,
  this was due to a missplaced variable set after a rewrite ).
I will just add a test suit and send you all the links to the new version.

This time with the readme file included  :D.

kanonet

Quote from: nabz32 on 2015-Sep-04This time with the readme file included  :D.
:nana:
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

nabz32

I finished The diving suit today,
the player can move much faster in water with it as long as he is swimming,
the suit slows the player down when he is not in the water.
Also the maximum air is increased when the suit is worn.

For the suits I splitted the player models into different parts, when
the player wears one, his texture and some model parts are replaced.

Edit: Also fixed some forgotten things in the ring menue like remembering the last position
and drawing the amount of key items.

nabz32

I redone the object and texture loading,
now only the tiles and objects actually on the map will be loaded whith the map.

I added and completed the Ninja Suit, this one reduces HP to 1 but gives cool Ninja powers ( wall running and wall jumping ).
Here is a pic of Niinja Reggie running along a wall:

bigsofty

Your on to a winner here dude!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

nabz32

I hope so BigSofty :)

I think I am on a roll today:

Electro Suit Reggie:

Makes the player immune to electricity and stores the absorbed energy in a large battery,
which can be discharged at enemys ( also produces a flash to kill ghosts ).
The suit limits the Jump Height and movement speed a bit.

Edit:
Also had a test with the all new version on the Pandora, runs pretty smooth,
loading times for level ressources are also shorter than expected.

nabz32

Added a hopefully good enough looking shock effect.

Here is a video where you can watch all the suits in action.

Edit: I also tested it on the Pandora, X_Line looks as good as on the PC Version. ( Without significant frame drop when drawing them )

Ian Price

Those suits are awesome :) Really add to the gameplay. Nice one.
I came. I saw. I played.

nabz32

thx for the reply Ian,

charging and discharging the suit are now implemented,
the Suit automatically discharges should something conductable ( like enemys ) get to close.

I see some nice gameplay possibilitys with the electro suit coming,
like carrying a charge from A to B while avoiding to come close to conductive things
on the way.

I will also allow for objects like the bike , portable trampoline and jetpack to be
charged with electricity, making them more powerfull ( faster bike, higher jumping with trampoline,
more powerfull jetpack, more powerfull bombs ).

It would be nice to have a total of 4 suits in the game,
does anyone have an idea what could make a good fourth suit?
It has to be significantly usefull, while it should also force the player to take it off when not needed.

Edit: I also compiled a new beta, this time with some test level and a beta testing sequence that you can activate
after game start, just talk to the penguin in your room.
Anyone who is interested in testing and has time at his hands feel free to send me a PM.