Wumbo for iPod/iPhone, reviews, please?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

If anyone would like to write a positive review for "wumbo's Adventure", I'd buy a beer.
Cheers!

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

codegit

I would like to give Wumbo a review, but it seems like Wumbo is not available in the South African online apple store. Do you have any ideas why they are not selling it?  ;/
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

No idea. Thank you for that information. Did you search for "wumbo"?

mykyl66

Hi, I have downloaded and tried the lite version. Can I make a suggestion to you. I sat and waited for level 2 to load. 3:30 seconds later I gave up. Then I thought just now try again. And it still took ages before I suddenly thought tap the screen and there was level 2.

The level screens should help idiots out like me. lol. I thought it was broken and just would not load level 2.

In an update I would recommend that you add tap screen to continue at any suitable points.

Cheers

Mike R

codegit

Yes, I did search for Wumbo, but it is not available. This is worrying as I thought that applications would be available world wide? This is typically apple.  :|
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

OK, should be available in App Store worldwide now.
Also, the LITE version is out.

codegit

Now here is the thing. The South African iStore SUCKS big time. We do not have a game option in our menu (long story). So the only way I will see Wumbo is if its in the ENTERTAINMENT category as well as the game category. (hope this makes sense) I would really like to download this game to my iTouch.  =D
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

MrTAToad

Tried the lite version - very nice, especially the graphics.  Movement is slightly ackward, but its okay once you get used to it.

Kitty Hello

Oh dear. So - in what cathegories is "Super Monkey Ball", please?

codegit

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Oct-27
Oh dear. So - in what cathegories is "Super Monkey Ball", please?

We dont get "Super Monkey Ball" either. Africa in general is a joke to the rest of the world and nobody really cares. I have been fighting with Apple with regard this issue and they are not prepared to budge on their decision to restrict most decent software to South African consumers. If I want "Calendar babes" there is definitely no shortage of this kind of software available on the South African store. I would imagine that this all has something to do with corruption within South Africa as it is very common practice in South Africa.

P.S - try changing your store within iTunes to South Africa. You will quickly see how bad it is.
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

can you change yours to USA, then?

codegit

I tried to change to USA but that wont work as my home address is in South Africa and they make sure when you register that your location is equal to the store you are trying to join. Not good, but I suppose I just have to live with it. My partner is in the USA and I supose if there is anything I want he can always send gift vouchers for the USA store.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

Sokurah

I've tried the lite version and it's not too bad, but it could do with slightly improved presentation.

Like;
* The help screen looks a bit...primitive.
* This one's been mentioned before...but when you reach a new level it just waits for a keypress but don't tell you that you can just press a key to continue.
* German speech has to go.

I think the controls are a bit too fiddly - although it did help a lot when I realised I didn't have to press exactly on top of the character.  =D

Lots of blocktypes - which is good. It's simple but fun.

EDIT: I forgot to say there's a German-influenced spelling error too. Where it says "The magnet holds everything if activ" it should say "active" or "activated".
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games. All freeware. :-)
Twitter: Sokurah

Kitty Hello

The speech is.. just nonsense. Should I remove it totally?

The walking is like: Tap anywhere and drag where you want to go.
Help screen is a bit small, yes.
The new version has a flashing "level xxx" on the intermediate screen, so I hope that's obvious now.