New Mac IDE

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

And any chance of a video of it running ?

marovada

Quote from: bigsofty on 2013-Aug-05
Thanks Marovada, I'll give it a go tonight when I get back!  :good:

BTW how did you manage to get around your problems and avoid WINE?

I packaged gpc.exe into GPC.app using wineskin: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wineskin%2C+Play+your+favorite+Windows+games+on+Mac+OS+X+without+needing+Microsoft+Windows 

I get my IDE to run GPC.app with the correct parameters for gpc.exe each time the IDE needs to precompile your project.  This means changing the GPC.app info.plist on the fly, running it and waiting for it to finish, then extracting the contents of its log file and checking if there have been any errors.  GPC.app is modular, meaning that you can place any version of gpc.exe in drive_c (look at the GPC.app package contents).  This means that GPC.app doesn't need to be upgraded if there is a new version of gpc.exe.

GPC.app can be run on its own (without the IDE), but you'd need to change its info.plist to the right parameters for your project.

marovada

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2013-Aug-05
And any chance of a video of it running ?

I'm a bit time poor at the moment.  Will do if I get a chance.  The look hasn't changed much since the last version other than a button for compiling for iPhone.  The main changes are under the hood to make it easier to install and run ie without needing to separately install WINE.

bigsofty

Quote from: marovada on 2013-Aug-05

I packaged gpc.exe into GPC.app using wineskin: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wineskin%2C+Play+your+favorite+Windows+games+on+Mac+OS+X+without+needing+Microsoft+Windows 

I get my IDE to run GPC.app with the correct parameters for gpc.exe each time the IDE needs to precompile your project.  This means changing the GPC.app info.plist on the fly, running it and waiting for it to finish, then extracting the contents of its log file and checking if there have been any errors.  GPC.app is modular, meaning that you can place any version of gpc.exe in drive_c (look at the GPC.app package contents).  This means that GPC.app doesn't need to be upgraded if there is a new version of gpc.exe.

GPC.app can be run on its own (without the IDE), but you'd need to change its info.plist to the right parameters for your project.

Well done, that's quite a devious solution!  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

marovada

Quote from: bigsofty on 2013-Aug-06
Well done, that's quite a devious solution!  ;)

Did you get a chance to test it?

bigsofty

Yes but I had to stop. I have to use the MAC at my workplace so it's a bit of a PITA when I need something from home, in this case "glblicence.inc", where is it located on my Windows computer?

I created a project, compiled etc. all looked good up until glblicence.inc stopped the compile.

The syntax highlighting worked fine, as did the auto-capitalisation. No glitches and everything ran smooth as far as I could tell. Nice work! :D

The only flies in the ointment were... the GLB help file did not work and some of the text editing commands are obviously not for coding, e.g. Justification. I assume you will alter the text editor to suit an IDE once the main compiler is catered for?

Overall though its looking good Marovada!  :good:

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

i have a mac friend ta wold love to run glb, does the free version works fine on it?
I will tell him to give a try when I get back home.

marovada

Quote from: bigsofty on 2013-Aug-07
Yes but I had to stop. I have to use the MAC at my workplace so it's a bit of a PITA when I need something from home, in this case "glblicence.inc", where is it located on my Windows computer?

I created a project, compiled etc. all looked good up until glblicence.inc stopped the compile.

The syntax highlighting worked fine, as did the auto-capitalisation. No glitches and everything ran smooth as far as I could tell. Nice work! :D

The only flies in the ointment were... the GLB help file did not work and some of the text editing commands are obviously not for coding, e.g. Justification. I assume you will alter the text editor to suit an IDE once the main compiler is catered for?

Overall though its looking good Marovada!  :good:

Thanks for testing it.  You should be able to find glblicence here:
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\

I'll look into the help file and text editing features.

marovada

Quote from: erico on 2013-Aug-07
i have a mac friend ta wold love to run glb, does the free version works fine on it?
I will tell him to give a try when I get back home.

Best to ask Gernot if it will work.  I don't know whether there is a glblicence.inc file for the free version.

mentalthink

HI marovada thanks a lot for this IDE, for me comes very good, for now I can't test yesterday I try to search my license but I don't rebember where it's (I read in another post the localitation). I try to use and if I find somthing extrange I comment.

Well I put somelines of code, and make something wrong... when you write a command before anothers, change the color of the commands are in bottom the current command you are writing... but I'm not sure if this happends when you open only a file, not a project... I have to look whit more calm.

For me the IDe it's a bit extrange, I'm more accomodate whit windows IDE or things similars to Visual Studio, but I think you are using something like a template, I look some IDE's in mac and all are very similar to your IDE.

I think your work, will be very very usefull, can work directly in mac, and the point of Xcode launch automatically, this it's fantastic...

Regards and thanks a lot, I suppose make the Ide have a lot of work.  :good:  :nw:

marovada

Hi mentalthink.  Thanks for trying out the IDE.

Can you get a screenshot of the issue with the color of the commands being in the bottom? I'm not sure what you mean.

mentalthink

HI Marmova sorry for the confusing, I test again and works fine... perhaps was becuse I don't put the compiler and the IDE into a same folder, sorry for confusing a bit.

Only a thing a know this it's a very previous version, but you add the indexing of Functions... (the same appears in windows ide when you declare functions), I told you because the Arduinon IDE don't have the index of functions and this for me it's essential.

If you need help for testing something specific comment me!!!  :good:

mentalthink

HI marovada working here fine!!! :good:

I make a simple test, only for testing whit Inline Command, and doen't works, the compiler don't understand
Return, becuase when you write it's put automatically in Capital letters.

For now I only test this.

PS: Perhaps a good idea it's put the license into the COmpiler folder, and not into de Source Code folder.

Hark0

Hi!

I download and test on my MBP... very good job!

I found one "micro bug"...

Not compile if the project have *.txt files ... (I use this files in my project for anotate vars/comms/etc)

I think the app try to interpreter glbasic syntax too in txt files...

;)
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

marovada

Quote from: Hark0 on 2013-Aug-08
Hi!

I download and test on my MBP... very good job!

I found one "micro bug"...

Not compile if the project have *.txt files ... (I use this files in my project for anotate vars/comms/etc)

I think the app try to interpreter glbasic syntax too in txt files...

;)

I didn't know you could mix txt files into GLBasic projects  :-[ Shouldn't be too difficult to add.