*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

Yey!

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Finally got an iPod!

bigsofty

:good: one more GLB Head for the App Store ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

When I can afford it  :S

bigsofty

Lol, me too, got the iPod, got the dusty old 2nd hand Ebayed Mac, now all I need is the 99 bucks for Apples pound of flesh, then I'm there... oh and finishing writing game!  :nana: ... this hobby is proving to be expensive!  =D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

okee

Quote... this hobby is proving to be expensive!
Hopefully it'll be worth it in the end :)

Just signed up with apple the other day and bought GLB
as well, now just have to figure out what the procedure is for
testing on my ipod touch
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

bigsofty

This is a handy thread to read, answers a lot of the first time compile questions... http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=3604.0

Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

FutureCow

There's also a section in the documentation now that tells you how to compile for iPod.

MrTAToad

The most annoying thing is that I've got 3 potential programs for the iPod ready to compile and test (2 test/utility programs and a game), and I cant try them... :rant:

okee

Just came across this today, haven't used it myself
but you can upload your app and make it private
and invite only people you want to test (i.e. yourself)

http://ibetatest.com/

Actually probably won't work if you don't have an apple dev account
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Kitty Hello

Isn't the SDK download for free?

bigsofty

Yes, registering and downloading the SDK is free, but somewhere between getting my dev number and registering for an App Store account, it asked me for $99. At that point, I grumpily turned off the browser, to yet again, try and find more funds to get the iPod development up and running.  :rant:

I would be heartily pleased if anyone has done this without the $99 sting?
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Yes, the £60 development fee is a pain...  But ol' Stevey-boy needs to be kept in caviare somehow...

Would be awfully handy if the resulting program could be run on the simulator though...