BlitzMonkeys competition

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

http://www.blitzmonkeys.com/index.php?topic=144.0

Competition: The Stupidest Game
Genre: Any
Language: Any
Rules:-

1) Create the most silliest game you can think of.

2) You must own the rights to distribute all image and audio content included in your entry.

3) All entries must be provided as both source (including media) and compiled ready to be run on Windows XP and Vista (entrants are allowed to provide versions compiled for other operating systems as well).

4) In any dispute, the judges have the final say.

Entry Submission Deadline: 11:59am BST on the Saturday 12th September 2009. (Note the am)

Prize(s):-

Winner : Two gift certificates from Big Fish Games entitling you to grab 2 games from their site and the 'BlitzMonkeys Winner' crown!

Runner-up : One gift certificate from Big Fish Games entitling you to grab a game from their site.

Judging: The game that is deemed the most daftest wins.

You've got a week left - should be plenty of time!
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Code (glbasic) Select

print "PLEASE WAIT",100,100
showscreen
WHILE TRUE; WEND

Moru

Gernot, they want a game, not a movie. There has to be at least some sort of input to be classed as a game :-)

Quentin

ok, one stupid idea.

make a space shooter with randomized movements. Cursor keys move in random directions with random speed. In addition, the player will not move his own spaceship, but random enemy ships  :help:

Stupid enough ?? :)

Ian Price

Erm... The competition actually closed before anyone here commented :P

Gernot, any chance of a comp in the near future?
I came. I saw. I played.

Schnatterplatsch

QuoteGernot, any chance of a comp in the near future?

Not before Christmas, please. I can't get any sleep because of this *love making* TowerDefense-Compo. Another Compo would kill me, or even worse, I could miss making my homeworks.

Ha, now I got it ->FUCKING<-

kamakazieturtle

Quote from: Ian Price on 2009-Sep-14
Erm... The competition actually closed before anyone here commented :P

Gernot, any chance of a comp in the near future?

We should have one, one thats at least a month long. I work full-time and go to college full-time and have almost no time to code anymore. If we had a good solid month I think I could throw something together. There wouldn't have to be any prizes, but just to get the inspriation flowing we could all do some games and post updates on them all month until their release. Of course just a thought, I'm not in any position to hold one.

Ian Price

Why are you not in a position to hold one? All you do is post a new topic on this board specifying/requesting a theme and timescale and then let everyone do their stuff. What could be simpler? You could ask for non-participating forum members to judges any entries, or hold a poll.

Go on. You know you want to :D
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Yes, I'm working on one. The problem is - I don't find the time to write the rules ans such, yet.
But the concept is already in mind.

Ian Price

I was actually responding to KamikazieTurtle, but...

As if by magic we have the "Board Game" comp :D

Nice :)
I came. I saw. I played.