I had a dream...

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Any news on this?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

trucidare

its in kittys hand now - hope he release it soon
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

erico

go kitty gooooo  :whip:  :P

blackway

Quote from: trucidare on 2011-Oct-02
its in kittys hand now - hope he release it soon

Gernot, Do you feel a bit of pressure?  =D

Offtopic:
Hey, I'm working on R'n'F for Palm. I'm doing some changes to the game  ;)

Cheers,

bigsofty

Ooh, sounds close, this is great!  =D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

It's almost working now. I have to distribute the headers, which is a problem since they show a (c) Apple line.
I think I'll rewrite most of the headers to get it running.
Another idea would be an additional package on rapidshare :/

bigsofty

Are the headers part of XCode? Could a user go and extract them from XCode themselfs if this is the case?

Rapidshare  would be fine by me also.  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

I had to modify the headers :(

caffeinekid

Rapidshare or whatever would be fine for most people I imagine for the chance to get hold of this functionality!

bigsofty

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Oct-04
I had to modify the headers :(

Yes, Rapidshare would be fine.

I have no idea what headers were changed of course or the changes scope. But if the modifications were small and could be grouped together, maybe they could be a separate #include?

What were the changes Gernot?

Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Apple introduced syntax for the garbage collector that the GCC does not deal with (yet).

bigsofty

I take it the GC syntax affects more than one piece of code? If only one then a patch could be made or automated with a small program and even possibly across multiple source files as long as the syntax is not too complex? If I can help with this(or any other way), please don't hesitate to ask.

Rapidshare is always an option though.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

trucidare

found that the ^ is not GC its a block to deal with grand central depatch.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

bigsofty

I had to look up GCD at Apple to see what it was, complicated stuff indeed. I couldn't quite work out if the garbage collector is threaded or not though.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

OK, it's working porperly now. I also found out that I don't have to give you the headers for GLBasic stuff. Only for plugins.
You could compile the plugins on a Mac, though and just link the .o file then.

I really have to test if you can (codesign and) upload the final thing with ApplicationLoader now. If that works, we're done.