Kindle Fire and 3d whit Glbasic

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

HI there I want make this question, I look the kindle Fire in youtube running games in 3D and runs very fast, but anyone have "tested seriously" the 3D behaviour whit GLbasic... I Have an Archos tablet, but my game runs, very bad, in Palm Pre, runs perfectly but in this tablet no have to much sense develop in 3D...

All the opinions are welcome!!!

Thanks in advance.

Hemlos

Memory is slow, and small on a palm pre
Memory Original: 256 MB 166MHz DDR DRAM
Pre Plus: 512 MB 166MHz DDR DRAM
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

mentalthink

Thanks Hemlos, but in Palm pre runs very very well, in the Archos goes absolutely bad... I try to change the resoltuion to 480x320, but I don´t have manner to change it... something wrong I do it. :noggin:

svenart

wich archos model do you have? I own a archos g9 101 (single core). Its not very fast, but far away from slow I think.
https://spagetticoder.itch.io/

www.medievalworlds.com

mentalthink

Hi svenart I have the Archos 70 "internet Edition", my game don´t works at 45F, the game goes doing jumps... and most times the FPS goes down a lot... always I have less than 45 FPS...

dreamerman

It's not a manner of memory but more likely display resolution..
That Archos tablet and Palm Pre have similar SoCs, Cortex A8 + SGX530.. but:
Palm Pre resolution: 320x480=153600 pts
Archos 70: 480x800=384000 pts
so gpu in that tablet needs to copy 3x times more pixels info.. in phone that PoverVR ship is sufficient but for tablet device is to slow.. I have looked into Antutu/Nenamark scores and even chinese based ~100$ tablets are ~2 times faster in graphic operations than this tablet..

You shouldn't trouble about Kindle Fire speed, because it has dual core cpu, newer gpu, and even better memory - ddr2..
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

mentalthink

HI dreammerman thanks for the info, I think I wait to the Kindle Fire, I found some info about Amazon will lauch at finish of this year another kindleFire, very cheper and then the actual , I think the price will goes down...

Another think, I´m not sure but in Spain I can´t buy the KindleFire, only the Kindle Standard... uhmm another extrange thing  :S