GLBasic 3d Font Object Creator BETA: Closed

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

Sorry this project is closed for now, unfortunetly the source is gone due to a crash.

You can still use the image2object creator for making similiar objects.
The source in image2object was the core code for this project.

This program did everything including circular words, and texture mapping it with 3 styles of overlay.
It stretched it evenly, or it tiled each letter with the map, or it stretched it to fit x y.
The texture was directly inputed into the vertice xyz points color data...no need for x_settexture.

The way it worked was it read in a smalfont.png, then with some math it built an object out of the text input.
It made a cube for each pixel in the sentance$ input.
You were able to select a color for the object with a color map.
It was scalable, and it was able to make the words go into a circle, the font downside pointing inwards of the circle. And the circle was scalable too.

Making this object flat or thick with a scalar was possible...also if you made it 0 thickness..it was set to make shadows too.
All the 3d object creation options were available.

Im sad i lost this code :(
If someone wants to try whipping up a new one....you may have the image2object code to do so freely.
Just let me know youre going to give it a shot, ill help you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Kitty Hello

D2O

I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;
Lenovo ThinkPad T400: XP Pro
GLB Premium-immer Aktuell

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

WPShadow

AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est

Hatonastick

Just checked out the demo.  At the risk of sounding as old as I am:  That's seriously cool!  I can imagine quite a few people here looking forward to being able to play with this library.  =D

Edit: I just tried out the other CPRINT demo as well.  I'm really looking forward to being able to play with this library.  :good:

Hatonastick

BTW it's common courtesy to tell people that your program is going to need to access a website to determine whether or not it's still in beta before they find out themselves when they get a pop-up from one of their firewalls.  I don't like it when a program goes accessing anything on the net without asking me first.  Others may not as well, so it might be a good idea to inform people somewhere at the top of this thread. :)

That aside, it is very cool.  I like it. :)  I'm guessing this is going to be shareware/commercial?

Kuron

Quote from: Hatonastick on 2008-Sep-09
BTW it's common courtesy to tell people that your program is going to need to access a website to determine whether or not it's still in beta before they find out themselves when they get a pop-up from one of their firewalls. 

Thanks for the heads up =D

bigsofty

Very nice bud, has lots of possibilities and its quite fast, even on my old laptop. Well done! :)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

cristiano

Hello.Nice to meet you again.I have a solution for your problem.You can still use the image2object creator for making similiar objects.

Hemlos

Yup, thats why i left that code posted.

image2object is actually a piece of this font creator...pretty powerful by itself.

The code for i2o, is open sourced.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O