IDE Request - Option for automatic word completion.

Previous topic - Next topic

Moebius

The word completion in the GLB IDE is very useful, but it because annoying to have to press Ctrl-T to bring it up every time.  Would it be possible to have an option to open the word complete box automatically?  Not a major request, but I feel it's probably an underused feature, and it would be nice to allow it to come up automatically like in other IDEs.
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

Ian Price

[Shudder]Auto-complete. [/Shudder]

See here for aout-correct hilarity - http://retroremakes.com/forum/index.php/topic,2278.0/topicseen.html

I'm not a fan. Most of the time it's quicker to type something fresh than alter something that an autocomplete feature has put in. However, it might just work with a coding language such as GLB though, as there generally few similar words. If it's included, I'd rather it optional via a toggle in the Options menu rather than CTRL-T though.
I came. I saw. I played.

Moebius

I have no doubt that many people have had bad experiences with autocomplete - particularly with the iphone (good thread btw).
As long as it stays inside it's little dialog box (unlike the iphone's autocomplete...) it shouldn't be able to do too much harm.  :whistle:
God help us all if it is set free.

Kitty Hello

Moebius

It does?  Faster than Ctrl-T - thanks  =D
Is it possible to automate this though? (i.e. popup every time a letter/number is typed?)

Moru

No please no, no autopopup... It's so irritating. Or at least an option to turn it off.

Moebius

It would be good to have an OPTION to turn it on/off.  Sorry if I haven't made it too clear...
Don't worry, I'm don't want a permanent automatic popup word completion box *shudder*

aonyn

Hi All,

Please make it optional if added, Autocomplete always drives me nuts.

regards,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Ian Price

QuotePlease make it optional if added, Autocomplete always drives me nuts.

QuoteIf it's included, I'd rather it optional

;)
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

an another one !

maybe its possible to get the blue line also in the start on a sub ?
the end have one .

Moebius

QuoteWould it be possible to have an option to open the word complete box automatically?
QuoteIt would be good to have an OPTION to turn it on/off.
;)

Kitty Hello

when do you want the box to open? On very letter you type?

Moebius

Yes I guess.  Whenever you start typing a word it would be useful, so essentially every letter  :)

XanthorXIII

If Automatic Word Complete is implemented I would suggest that it would work for Variables, Functions(System/Defined) and Types if possible. Also as you are typing the function, after you complete the word it jumps through the argument list to fill in each of the values required for the function to work.
Owlcat has wise

Moebius

Doesn't feel right to start a new topic for this (nor bump this), but if anyone wants it here's a short Autohotkey (great program) script for automatically pressing Ctrl+Space:
Code (glbasic) Select
#IfWinActive GLBasic
Space::
Hotkey, Space, Off
Send %A_Space%
Hotkey, Space, On
Input, OutputVar, L1 I V T3, Input, OutputVar, L1 I V T3, {Left}{Right}{Up}{Down}{PgUp}{PgDown}{End}{Home}{Esc}{Del}{BS}{LButton}{RButton}{WheelDown}{WheelUp}{MButton}{LWin}{RWin}{Alt}{Tab}{+}{-}{*}{/}{=}
IfInString, ErrorLevel, EndKey:
{
return
}
if ErrorLevel = Timeout
return

Send ^%A_Space%
return