Is there a way to roll back to a previous version?

Previous topic - Next topic

codegit

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Oct-15
The problem is, when you are close to the 60FPS limit, and draw a single dot more (might be due to my code changes - no idea), then it can't sync to 60fps and will sync to every other frame (30 fps).

Really - if you could reinstall an older version and verify the slowdown, it would be the best. Don't you have the zipped old version?
Basically you just need the files:
compiiler/platform/include/glb.h
compiler/platform/iphone/Xcode/lib/libglbasic??.a

also remove the XCode directory from your project and rebuild.

Thanks guys I have a backup version of 7.087 I will try reload in the morning and get back to you guys on the results. Also, I have been trying to restore this version but was unable to get it running correctly. I will take Kittys advice and this should help.
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

codegit

Good News.

I have restored back to version 7.087 (exactly as Kitty has suggested) and immediately the frame rate increased considerably. =D Unfortunately, this does mean that something is making the new version of GlBasic slow on the iPhone :(  But the big problem for me now is that the DRAWLINE COMMAND and the PLATFORMINFO$("DOCUMENTS") does not work as it was still broken in GLBASIC version 7.087. :( :( :(

Kitty do you have the files (compiiler/platform/include/glb.h
compiler/platform/iphone/Xcode/lib/libglbasic??.a
) needed to restore back to at least 7.115 :)
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

fxdude

Kitty, just remove all that was created before your new build... that way we can finish this game... you must have backups????  unfortunately time is not on our side.. the version I have runs great... so there is a definite problem with GLBasic's new build.. I know tracking bugs is painful work, but if you have the version just before you updated we might get this project done.....   the reason we went with GLBasic was the way you put your all into it... personally I think all you guys are talented to no end but sometimes it is safer dealing with the bigger companies, sure it cost more but at least there is a lot of testing before releases
I have faith you will figure it out,  but it is just frustrating when you are dead in the water...

cheers and good luck
fxdude