IPhone compilation on Xcode doesn't work for me

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

Hi folks,

no matter which source I use, I allways get these errors(warnings) in Xcode 3.1.3 (IphoneSDK 3.0)

QuoteLine Location Tool:0: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Line Location Tool:0: symbol(s) not found
Line Location Tool:0: _main in main.o
Line Location Tool:0: "_GLB_iPhone_call_main", referenced from:
Line Location Tool:0: _main in main.o
Line Location Tool:0: "_iPhoneDeviceID", referenced from:

Looks like I am missing something elementary. But what?

Michael

MrTAToad

Have you updated XCode to allow compiling for iPhone ?

MikeHart

Yes, I installed the recent IPhone SDK

MikeHart

I can compile and run the apple samples in the emulator without a problem.

Kitty Hello

uhm... You must select "Device 3.0 Release".
I do not offer iPhone simulator libraries.

MikeHart

MikeHart

Hi after switching to device 3.0, I got the follwoing messages:

QuoteBuilding target ?iPhone? of project ?iPhone? with configuration ?Release? ? (1 error, 1 warning)
   Checking Dependencies
Warning: The Copy Bundle Resources build phase contains this target's Info.plist file 'iPhone-Info.plist'.
Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain
      Warning: The Copy Bundle Resources build phase contains this target's Info.plist file 'iPhone-Info.plist'.
      Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain
Build failed (1 error, 1 warning)

I guess the first one is because I don't have puchased a developer program/ID, or?
What does this warning mean?

Kitty Hello

Exactly. If you want to go go into the app store, you must purchase a developer license.

We're planning on such a service for you, but I have to check how to make such a contract, so it's not conflicting with Apple's licenses.

MikeHart

Np about getting the id, i can do that myself.

Do you plan on releasing libs for the iphone simulator ? This would help alot as my wife's iphone is not always available :)

Above, in the quoted warning/errors there was a warning about the copy bundle process and iphone-info.plist. How can i get this message to disappear.

Thanks for your patience with an iphone newbie.

Uncle

Hi,

You will need to edit the Bundle Identifier in the iPhone_Info.plist file in your xcode project.  The initial value will say something like ... com.yourcompany.  Just change this to match the id you set up when you created apple dev account.

EDIT : in the new V7 you don't need to do this.  All you need to do is enter this information in the Project options in GLB and it will then create a iPhone_Info.plist with the correct data :)