Happy New Year!

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Had a busy time last year - with 8 weeks of working at Mercer, and quite a few job interviews whilst it was raining.

One thing I do want to do this year, and that's do a complete game.  I've got a quick Triority (SDL2) game test here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/7b75bsbq03o7urc/BallZ+Test.zip.  Unfortunately SDL2 development does seem to have slowed down... a lot...

If Gernot is still developing GLBasic it would be nice to see it on Steam - or perhaps a Kickstarter would be enticing too!

Ian Price

It would indeed be great to see GLBasic expand and be available on STEAM etc. It would be even better if development could be made truly cross-platform too.

2015 has only just begun, and hopefully, so has GLB.

Happy New Year :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

Happy New Year !

matchy

Kickstart, Indiegogo, etc. is an excellent suggestion. We need really need marketeers to move GLBasic forward in the real world. I'm quite serious about that and I don't want engineers/developers/geeks like us responsible for it.

Oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR.  :enc:

MrTAToad

Would all depend on who would be willing to maintain GLBasic...

MrTAToad

Quote from: Ian Price on 2015-Jan-01
It would indeed be great to see GLBasic expand and be available on STEAM etc. It would be even better if development could be made truly cross-platform too.

2015 has only just begun, and hopefully, so has GLB.

Happy New Year :)
Its a shame that previous attempts failed...

bigsofty

Happy new year folks!  :booze:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

Should been easier now since hopefully more people can fix issues etc like I'm do with 64bit ios and Android issues.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Hopefully Gernot will update GLBasic with the iOS changes and perhaps a few more things...

kanonet

Happy new Year everyone!

1st Gernot needs to make a decision about licence. Currently I cant work on it, simply because of the licence problems. 2nd we finally need to setup some SVN/GIT so contribution can be organised. Honestly I would like to see this structures self organised, Im not a big fan of silently sending every contribution to Gernot and waiting and hoping he will approve it. But again this is only possible if license allows it.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64