Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Glbasic to Nintendo Switch?
« Last post by spacefractal on 2022-Aug-09 »
btw its does look like Switch seens to uses standard libraries, so its acutuelly looks possible (there is documentation on OpenGL as well Clang). Im have just got the devkit today (the devkit im do can show public), so its will take some time.

Glbasic is not that one im will try, but more to get a Rusty Pixel unity game working first.

Yes there is various NDA, but if im could get it working, its should been possible for me to release it really or a least could send it private. One example of that with Unity. You does NOT need the switch to get it build for the switch, but you do need to been inrooled throught as its require the NDi (as im cant take much about that software).

but its one thing Nintendo dont like me to show, its the DevMenu.... that one hackers also uses for mod thiers consoles. So im dont gonna to show it here.
« Last post by dreamerman on 2022-Aug-08 »
SmileBasic looks like something interpreted, and from what I see it can't produce standalone apps, only launched from app player. I'm more curious what's the current state of HTML5/JS development on Switch, either pure canvas or WebGL / WebAssembly based, as JS is sufficient for most 2d games. Yes Nintendo has more closed platform than others, and surely game needs to be accepted by big N, for example on Xbox Series there is an 'dev mode' on normal consoles that you can use to port some games, and most likely they don't have such rules/requirements for games.
Of course it would be great to have Switch as additional platform on GLBasic, but this would be surely a lot of work, and NDA implies some restrictions for all such tools.
Announcements / Re: My Steam projects - BR Logic Pack..
« Last post by Qedo on 2022-Aug-06 »
good Dreamerman, and I still have to finish my first game.  :blink:
« Last post by bigsofty on 2022-Aug-05 »
Looks great Dreamerman, you've been very busy! I really must stop sitting around and get my own game finished!  :S
« Last post by dreamerman on 2022-Aug-04 »
Rather small update than some super changes.
'BR Logic Pack' started as 6 puzzle games pack, now there are 9 games, and I plan to add at least 2 more.
3 'new' games are:
- Pixel Village - build walls and roads with nice pixel based sprites,
- Dungeon Slider - move wizards in dungeon and collect potions,
- match 3 - classic game with some variations,
- additionally few other games got new playing modes,
Game is also available on itch.io, You can download and check it out for free, Steam version will get new additions earlier and currently supports achievements and leader boards (for now only sends user score, but all code for online high score is already in game and awaits for larger update).
trailer for current version:

Current main project is clone of Solomon's Key game with rather old school pixel-art graphic (based on itch / devmarket assets due to limited founds :D), many things are done: most graphics, core mechanics, menus, Steam achievements + leader boards, map editor with sharing levels online (classic web-based not Steam Workshop), some requires more work: additional game modes, boss logic, atm. has no music/sound and needs some polish before I will share proper gameplay video.

Another large project that's currently in limbo is an 2D RTS game (viewed from side, not top), won't say to much but I have basic prototype, and final product will be interesting. Have some nice ideas for it but, this would require redesign from ground to use threads, remaking my gui system, polish pathfinding and so on. Will get to work on this after finishing current things. Don't wont say to much as it's still early stage.
« Last post by spacefractal on 2022-Aug-04 »
in this case its was granted to Rusty Pixels where as im is a part of and also have order a devkit to me as well. Im have still not got it, but im do just have seen the Unity port of Baggers in Space running on it (game far from finished, its done from scrath).

Yes there is a lots of NDA behind the lines, howover the devkit im will get im do can show it to the public (not all you can do that).

For Micheal its took some time to get the Unity build working and got it compiled. Its look like its based on c++ libraries with the required NDi SDK. Howover to even been granted a devkit from Nintendo you need to get the game liked first... They dont grant to anyone at all. Etc one thing for sure: its not a platform you can do clones of other games. They will reject it.

Code Snippets / Re: 2D maze generation algorithms...
« Last post by Ian Price on 2022-Aug-04 »
Noice :D
« Last post by dreamerman on 2022-Aug-03 »
Where did you get all those various maze generating algorithms?
for me most understandable and competent sources were those:
https://weblog.jamisbuck.org/2011/2/7/maze-generation-algorithm-recap.html
https://professor-l.github.io/mazes/
https://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/algrithm.htm
I didn't implement all of algorithms found on those websites as not all were optimal/interesting and could be used as base for something more in game based environment.

@erico
Generally I also do something different from classic algorithms, or rather don't care which things from particular method are useful in current situation, as level generation is kind a different thing and needs more complex solutions. Some example can be multi-stage generation with way-points navigation using A-star pathfinding and so on.
Bridges/tunnels can be done in several ways, depending on what is required in game, either pre-calculate their positions and use some modified algorithm or place them in main loop using some markers (tiles counter from last bridge and similar) as I made in last algorithm in attached code (Growing Tree) - yet this implementation isn't best, bridges aren't evenly distributed on whole map.

« Last post by erico on 2022-Aug-03 »
Superb! I made a few generators before but they are more like a stage generator than a maze generator and is quite the rogue thing, if I used any know algo, I donĀ“t know which :D
Yours is much more competent, I will be taking a look this week.
Worry not about beauty on generator...the numbered array they generate is the more important piece.
On another thread I made a 3d dungeon crawler, which lead me to think of what you said about crossovers or tunnels, it is probably a whole different kind of beast and I would not know where to start. Thanks for sharing!
« Last post by bigsofty on 2022-Aug-03 »
Cool stuff!  :good:

Where did you get all those various maze generating algorithms?

Thank you Dreamerman!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10