INKEY$(): Feature or Bug?

Previous topic - Next topic

CW

Thanks Lee! Will do.
Maybe I can call upon you for some play-testing and some brutally honest critiquing? Anyway, that day is well in the future. lol
-CW

fuzzy70

Quote from: CW on 2013-May-29
Thanks Lee! Will do.
Maybe I can call upon you for some play-testing and some brutally honest critiquing? Anyway, that day is well in the future. lol
-CW

Anytime CW  :good:

Btw one little tip I can give you is read up on the basics of databases, things like different tables etc as believe me it will help with regards to data management as I'm sure your aware RPG's can be very heavy on data storage with various weapons/armor etc. Not only that but a well organised data structure makes retrieving what you need easier & more efficient on storage as well as access. A flat database like a spreadsheet becomes a nightmare to maintain when you start getting more data.

I used to use MySQL to handle my data but am looking into the sqlite wrapper that is posted elsewhere on this forum. Setting up a database with multiple tables requires a bit more setting up & planning but it rewards you afterwards with easy access & maintenance.

Obviously I don't know your experience with regards to databases but if you need an example of what I mean please let me know  =D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

kanonet

Quote from: CW on 2013-May-28Ocean, Kanonet, I don't know how to launch separate threads in GLbasic. Could you or someone do a tutorial on that topic? I would love to learn that ability.
Sorry for not answering earlier and I think its not needed any more, but if you are still interested in threads you may want to follow this link.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

CW

Thx kanonet! That is awesome.  =D

-CW

PS Fuzzy; I am going to move our discussion over to a new thread. We are So.. off topic here. It is time to move.  :)
Hmm.. but which section to move to? We don't really have a 'Collaboration' category. 'Announcements' maybe?
Yeah, look for it there.