How important is a website?

Previous topic - Next topic

Omadan

Basically as the title says.
How important is it for us developers to have our own websites for gamers to check our games.
Do you think iOS players even bother in visiting our sites and perhaps increase your sales.
I read few weeks back that they just buy from what's visible on the store and hardly get any apps from independent websites, other than toucharcade.com etc.

I think that is very true, what are your views on this.

If it's vital to have a website, I'll do it, any recommendations on a good place to get a decent package with domain etc...

Thanks for your time

Kind regards
-Joe
Top Arcade Apps - Best game for mobiles and computers

http://www.toparcadeapps.com

fuzzy70

I have no idea on iOS or the other platforms GLB supports (Except Windows/Linux/Mac) as I do not have any of them devices, even my mobile is an old K800i  :D , so someone else here with experience should be able to help you.

Regarding hosting I have used http://www.000webhost.com/ in the past & never had a problem with them, even a few friends of mine have had no problems either after I passed them the link.

I only used the free hosting package as that provided all I required at the time. Could be a possibility of using the free package to "test the water" so to speak then switch over to the paid version if it does prove a viable solution. Swapping over to the paid package is painless as that's what a couple of my friends have done.

Of course there are loads of options available regarding hosting & am sure others will post their recommendations, so it's a case of gathering them all together & checking them out, make sure to read any small print on all of them just to be safe.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

erico

Most people will buy from what is visible...kind of like open tv (gasp, burn them all).
But ´stores´ determines what is visible...till this day I can´t buy kof XIII from my friends XBOX as microsoft dosen´t fell like advertising that.
Things like netflix and so many others have become a real ´open TV´ nowadays, you choose from what they offer, no full catalogue.
I have a REAL problem with this.

Rantings apart, I take a site is pretty important if you put efforts on what you do.

2 ways to take a site, either it is an archive of things you do, or it is a live thing, with a blog and maybe a forum.
Those people who come around it, specially for the second choice,will be your real clients.