Android - V10 release candidate

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

MrTAToad

I notice that even an HTC Wildfire phone, lines and rectangles are just white.

Kitty Hello

OK, new setup is online.

Clean your project directory manually of everything created. Then build for what platorm you need. There will be a directory "distribute" for non-win,linux platforms that will contain what you need per platform. The "myproject.app/Media" will be copied to the right place as well.

It's the V10 release candidate (though it installs as beta, still). Please feel free to check it out and give some feedback. I think it's pretty useable for all supported platforms now.

MrTAToad

We'll give it a good thrashing!

Android compiling is working, but :

Code (glbasic) Select
Wordcount:20 commands
compile+link:
BUILDSRIPT
Buildfile: C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\build.xml
    [setup] Android SDK Tools Revision 10
    [setup] Project Target: Android 2.2
    [setup] API level: 8
    [setup]
    [setup] ------------------
    [setup] Resolving library dependencies:
    [setup] No library dependencies.
    [setup]
    [setup] ------------------
    [setup]
    [setup]
    [setup] Importing rules file: tools\ant\main_rules.xml

-debug-obfuscation-check:

-set-debug-mode:

-compile-tested-if-test:

-pre-build:

-dirs:
     [echo] Creating output directories if needed...
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\bin
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\gen
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\bin\classes

-aidl:
     [echo] Compiling aidl files into Java classes...

-renderscript:
     [echo] Compiling RenderScript files into Java classes and RenderScript bytecode...

-resource-src:
     [echo] Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...

-pre-compile:

compile:
    [javac] Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:384: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\bin\classes

-post-compile:

-obfuscate:

-dex:
     [echo] Converting compiled files and external libraries into C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\bin\classes.dex...
    [apply] ***** GF: SKIP check the parameter *****

-package-resources:
     [echo] Packaging resources
     [aapt] Creating full resource package...
[aapt.exe] Warning: AndroidManifest.xml already defines debuggable (in http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android); using existing value in manifest.

-package-debug-sign:
[apkbuilder] Creating glbasic-debug-unaligned.apk and signing it with a debug key...

debug:
     [echo] Running zip align on final apk...
     [echo] Debug Package: C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 5 seconds
     [echo] Creating output directories if needed...
     [echo] Compiling aidl files into Java classes...
     [echo] Compiling RenderScript files into Java classes and RenderScript bytecode...
     [echo] Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...
    [javac] Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:384: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
     [echo] Converting compiled files and external libraries into C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\bin\classes.dex...
     [echo] Packaging resources
     [echo] Running zip align on final apk...
     [echo] Debug Package: C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk
     [echo] Installing C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

BUILD FAILED
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:639: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:271: exec returned: 1

Total time: 9 seconds
Android=C:\Users\Nicholas\Documents\GLBasic\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android
success
Elapsed: 18.8 sec. Time: 22:23
Build: 1 succeeded.

I presume its trying to force installation onto the device, and when it can't it comes up with the error (the apk files are created).

In addition, adb.exe doesn't quit, preventing Clean Project from working (as the files are locked).

Kitty Hello

Yes. It's trying to install. You get one [BUOLD SUCCEEDED] and one [BUILD FAILED] for the install.
Can anyone tell me how to kill adb (except the hard way?)

MrTAToad

Will calling "adb.exe kill-server" be sufficient ?

Like the distribute folder, by the way!

Had to change my apk packaging routine for webOS to :

Code (glbasic) Select
CALL "%GLB_MAIN_PATH%\compiler\platform\webos\tool\bin\glb_pack_and_install.bat" "%GLB_PROJ_PATH%\distribute\WebOS\%GLB_PROJ_NAME%"

BigAnd

Still not getting any multi touch on my HTC Desire.
Happy to send code if it will help.

MrTAToad

Does the Desire render Drawrect and Drawline in colour??

BigAnd

@MrTAToad
Yes, I have just tried. It draws both the rectangle and line in the correct colour.

MrTAToad

Looks like I got the wrong device then :)  Ah well...  :P

MrTAToad

I have had the odd occasion where, after installing, the Andoid application immediately crashes.  Running the program again and its all okay.  The Android Multi-touch program did this, for some reason...

MrTAToad

MOUSESTATE seems to detect a spurious locations every so often, for some reason...

Millerszone

Since I have my games all updated for iPhone, iPad and Palm I'm now ready to
Start moving them to Android platform.

I started with "Just Pong", so far it looks like everything is working o.k., but there are a
couple of problems. First I'm testing on a Galaxy Tab, screen has a resolution of 1024x600
and the game has a resolution of 480x320 so on the Tab the game is not centered. So my
Question is, is there any way to center the game on different screen resolutions or scale to
fit?
The other problem is that the audio has a delay, but I think that's Androids problem.

Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

MrTAToad

See the second page of this post - the one by Dabz near the bottom (the bit about XML).

Millerszone

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-May-29
See the second page of this post - the one by Dabz near the bottom (the bit about XML).
I changed the AndroidManifest.xml to these settings, now game is in the center of the screen.
Thank you.
Code (glbasic) Select

<supports-screens android:resizeable="false"
  android:smallScreens="false"
  android:normalScreens="true"
  android:largeScreens="false"
  android:anyDensity="false" />

Also noticed multi-touch is not working in two player mode.
Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5