German translation - any volunteers?

Previous topic - Next topic

Polarwolf

Woho. The game is amazing. Even though I had to cheat to finish some levels. :) I was able to change the direction a block is moving to while it was moving already. You should integrate a check for that... even though it was hard. ^^ Seriously its very nice. But... in my eyes kinda hard. So far I couldn't find any "wrong / incorrect" English -> German translation stuff or anything like that. Seams very professional. I guess you read my E-Mail so don't forget the SplashScreen thingy I told you. What about you tell the player the current level # he is in once he enters it? (Some Buttons in the gui doesn't work while your playing, but thats already written down as I see)

Ian Price

Cheer Polarwolf, thanks for the feedback :)

Re: Mouse/button press on splashscreen - according to the rules -
QuoteThe game has to feature a spash screen when it starts up that can be skipped with any button.
I'm presuming that a press of the screen would be OK too? Maybe this needs clarifying.

You must have incredibly quick reactions if you can change the block direction while it's moving! I'll check and fix that one. Well spotted. :)

I had intended to let the player know which level they are on - the editor already does. I'll just have to find an appropriate place for it that doesn't interefere with the action.

In what way did you cheat? Altering the levels in the editor? As this is a WIP, the puzzle difficulty level isn't a gentle curve - I'll be trying to make it more gentle on the player. But it's a puzzle game after all, and not supposed to be too easy ;)

All GUI buttons work now and I've added a wonderfully boppy title tune :D

Thanks for your input, it's really useful :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

Oh. I'm very sorry. I just took a quick notice of the competition rules. I read "...that can't be skipped with any button...". I know from many competetions who wanted a splash screen from about 15sec that couldn't be aborted.
Yeah. I guess my reactions were good but my mouse does it. (The new Razr one) No memory altering has been done. Online "moveing while moving". And you are right again, its a puzzle and not supposed to be easy. But the first levels should be "easy". The first 2 are damn easy. But from 3+ its like a jump of 1000% in difficulty. ^^ Will I be allowed to play it soon again? I can't await it. It's... fun to play. Anyway I never liked puzzles. But this one is different somehow.

Ian Price

Once I've balanced the difficulty of the puzzles, I'll let you have another go :)

In the meantime, you could always design some puzzles yourself; I'd be more than happy to have a look at them and might actually include them in the finished game :D
I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

^^ Ill try to use my free time for that. Even though I'm still trying to get into GLBasic or another language. GLBasic is great... but mostly for games only. :( Shall I send the levels to you? / Where can I find them (once made)

Ian Price

You'll need to save them as level 30+ unwards - they'll be in the "Data"  folder, with the corresponding level number+".dat". Just stick them into a folder and email them to me. Each puzzle is only 192bytes, so they're really tiny.
I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

I hosted 3 levels (easy, medium and damn hard) on:
www.polarwolf.eu/uploads/data.rar
The numbers are 40,41 and 42... could you ask Gern to compile the game please? Cus creating and testing levels with a 5 minute limitation is... shit.

Ian Price

Cheers Polarwolf, I'll have a play with them later :)

I shall actually be grouping levels into several difficulty levels - that should be in the next test.
I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

What about a stand-alone leveleditor? Would be amazing cus you could release it an let people send in some levels! ;)

Ian Price

They still can with an integated one, like you have :)

I will see if there's much call for something different once the game is out.

Your levels are fab, and they will be going in as they are. :D Managed to beat them in 10, 11 and 25 moves. I think I can improve on that last one though. Excellent stuff. Cheers. :)

[EDIT] Just got the last level down to 20 moves.

[EDIT] Got it down to 17 now :D
I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

The last one were though to be cleaned with 20 if I remember correctly...
40 and 41 had been done without chaning anything. Sofortly worked.
42... was a bit harder.

Between:
Level 43,44 and 45 are now available! :D
www.polarwolf.eu/uploads/data2.rar

Edit#2:
Level 45 was damn hard. GL with that! ;D

Ian Price

Only just noticed this. Will play now :)

[EDIT]
Again, fantastic stuff! For someone that doesn't like puzzle games, you certainly know how to create a good challenge! Excellent. :D

BTW 18, 33, 29 moves for the last three.
I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

I gotta make a request... when I develop the levels I often have to switch between playing and editing. Could you fix the "Try"- Button? Right now it works like this:
1) I create a level
2) I save it as number XY
3) I klick Try
4) I quit the editor and change into normal game mode
5) I'm directly in the edited level
6) I quit the level and go back to editor
7) I edit it, save it and klick Try again...
and so on!
I always have to go the long way above the main menu. Thats... not as nice as it could be.

And a second suggestion is that you send a security request once you load / save a map. Once I accidently load a map. (And then I've written another map over by accident)

My third would be that you still can change the levelnumber once you started editing a level. First time I just started and then noticed its level 1. So I clicked to increase the number... that worked... but my level was deleted and overwritten by nothing. :(

Best wishes! :D

Ian Price

I simply haven't implemented the "TRY" option yet. I'll do that now :)

Security requests will also be implented, I just haven't got around to them yet.

The above two have always been planned.

OK. From now on, level changing won't lose data - I only put that in to save me time in clearing levels. 5 mins just isn't long enough is it? :(

Thanks for persevering though :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

As I said above... get Gern to compile it. ^^
I love that game. ... woho. First time I like puzzle games O.o