Not always recompiling after changes

Previous topic - Next topic

Moru

GL Basic is not always recompiling after you have made small changes to the file, why is that? I remember we discussed it earlier but I can't seem to find the link, is this problem something that can be fixed?

The solution right now is to click the debug button twice to force it to recompile but when I'm tired I just keep trying to get my code working and I see no changes in the result :-)

AndyH

Yes, I notice that from time to time.  Had not happened to me for a while, but last night I made a small change and pressed F5, but it ran the previous version.  I edited the file again (add/delete random character) and it then compiled and ran my updated version.

Ian Price

This happens if you have multiple instances running (without knowing) sometimes. I mentioned this recently too.
I came. I saw. I played.

Moru

No, it also happens if you don't have several instances running.

bigsofty

I must be lucky, not had this problem?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

Quote from: MoruNo, it also happens if you don't have several instances running.
I did say "sometimes".
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

VEry strange. The compiler is trying to see if the pre-compiled input file has changed with a CRC32 code. If it did, you have to recompile.
Maybe the crc code was the same after changing the file? Hmm.. I'd better implement MD5 then.

Moru

Or just check the file date and length like in the old days? :-) Usually it takes more than one second to compile so the date should have changed even if you didn't change the length of the file :-)