Problem Audio - OSX

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyo

Other problem in Mac
1) if ISMUSICPLAYING() = TRUE then STOPMUSIC  the music dosn't stop!
2) MUSICVOLUME  don't work!
3) PLAYSOUND(num%, pan#, volume#) with WAV don't work, what format should I use?

MrTAToad

Mac uses OGG, if I remember correctly.

erico

The may be also a good chance you can load AIFF in your mac through GLBasic.

Kyo

For sound OGG, OK, but for Music?
Why MUSICVOLUME and STOPMUSIC don't worK????

erico

You can treat your music as sounds all fine, what would be the problem?

Kyo

Quote from: erico on 2014-Aug-29
You can treat your music as sounds all fine, what would be the problem?

I use MP3 for Music but STOPMUSIC andMUSICVOLUME  don't work!

MrTAToad

Make a post in the Bugs Report forum.

Kyo

I send a private message to Kitty_Hello, with all bugs ...
I don't know how the landscape mode on iOS  don't work ...
But no peoples compiles for iPhone and have the same bug?

spacefractal

Landscape is by design about iOS, not a bug and tecnical allways starts in portrait mode. Howover Apple have fixed that issue in ios 8. Checkout SETORIENTATION and GETSCREENSIZE Command to rotate the screen. Pretty sure I'm did a example ealier, but is not on my machine yet before tomorrow.

Music volume on OSX is a confirmed bug. Stop music can been a bug too. That last one can been work around by load a empty music eventuelly.

Music do all works on iOS.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Aug-30
Landscape is by design about iOS, not a bug and tecnical allways starts in portrait mode. Howover Apple have fixed that issue in ios 8. Checkout SETORIENTATION and GETSCREENSIZE Command to rotate the screen. Pretty sure I'm did a example ealier, but is not on my machine yet before tomorrow.

Music volume on OSX is a confirmed bug. Stop music can been a bug too. That last one can been work around by load a empty music eventuelly.

Music do all works on iOS.
Ok i wait tomorrow for the example!
Thanks  :good:

mrplant

I worked around the STOPMUSIC bug years ago by loading up and playing a blank short sound file. It worked and is still in my code to this day..