C++ Help

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbaman83

I need to know how to load a picture into a C++ program...can anyone help?

Kitty Hello

Uhm. This is GLBasic, not C++. There are many, many different frameworks that support graphics. OpenGL / DirectX / Windows GDI / X11 / etc...

BumbleBee

Hello bubbaman83

I have bought the new Zelda game "Twilight Princess".
But i cannot find these words on the cover: "Made by bubbaman83".:lol:
Please forgive me, but i've just remembered that post from May.
 http://www.glbasic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=376&p=1

Ok,back to your question. How to load a picture in C++?
DirectX, OpenGL, Windows GDI?

Windows GDI. Lesson 13

http://www.functionx.com/win32/

And here's a tutorial using DirectX

http://www3.telus.net/alexander_russell/course_dx/introduction_dx.htm

Other question. You don't like BASIC. But how about Delphi?
Delphi is as fast as C++ (ok,almost :D) and you can do
anything you want with it. WinAPI,DirectX or OpenGL. It doesn't matter what.

Cheers
The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit

bubbaman83

Thanks! Oh and I knew that was coming back to haunt me...anyway, if you did actually remember it...(here comes that old attitude again) you would have realized two things, one: the name of my game was not twilight princess, I would have neevr been able to come up with graphics like that in less than a year...the name of my game was Starlight Key...second, you would realize that I gave up on it to make my own game...I couldn't think of a name for it so I posted part of the storyline online people said the storyline was original, but none of them said if they would play it or not...anyway, when I asked them what to call the game, they said Second Reality....so I'm sticking with that...

QuoteUhm. This is GLBasic, not C++.
that's why I put it in "Off Topic"

BumbleBee

Quote from: bubbaman83the name of my game was not twilight princess, I would have neevr been able to come
up with graphics like that in less than a year...the name of my game was
Starlight Key...
I was only joking!!!
Anybody knows that Zelda "Twilight princess" is a game by Nintendo.

Keep GLBasic on your mind.:)

Cheers
The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Kitty Hello

If you really want to do it in C++, there's better forums than this. Also, you'll going to have  a lot of time viewing code instead of graphics. Been there, done that.
GLBasic grew from my C++ beginnings in game programming and the engine is growing and growing. Why do you want to rewrite all this?

Kuron

QuoteWhy do you want to rewrite all this?
Maybe GLBasic just isn't for him.  I am sure he means nothing personal, Gernot.  I have uninstalled GLBasic for good myself, but I don't think it is a bad product, nor are you a bad developer.

bubbaman83

Quote from: Kuron
QuoteWhy do you want to rewrite all this?
Maybe GLBasic just isn't for him.  I am sure he means nothing personal, Gernot.  I have uninstalled GLBasic for good myself, but I don't think it is a bad product, nor are you a bad developer.
I agree...except I just can't get GLBasic to work on my PC so I'm stuck with C++...anyway, I'm just gonna put this project aside for a bit cuz it's getting....exhausting...

bubbaman83

Quote from: BumbleBee
Quote from: bubbaman83the name of my game was not twilight princess, I would have neevr been able to come
up with graphics like that in less than a year...the name of my game was
Starlight Key...
I was only joking!!!
Anybody knows that Zelda "Twilight princess" is a game by Nintendo.

Keep GLBasic on your mind.:)

Cheers
...wow....I really don't seem to be getting sarcism lately...sorry about that...

bubbaman83

Quote from: GernotFrischIf you really want to do it in C++, there's better forums than this. Also, you'll going to have  a lot of time viewing code instead of graphics. Been there, done that.
GLBasic grew from my C++ beginnings in game programming and the engine is growing and growing. Why do you want to rewrite all this?
yeah I know...but that's why I was asking for help...anyway, I don't think I'm gonna be online for awhile