Looking for a decent sprite editor.

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatonastick

I've tried GraphicsGale Lite which is ok, but I've had issues with stability.  Especially on larger animated sprite sheets using overlays.

Tile Studio is also ok, but has some odd quirks I've had problems with (but escape my memory as I type this).

Any others out there that people would recommend?

PS. I'm keeping an eye on 'HappyMonster's editor on the RR website. :)

Kuron

Promotion is my tool of choice

Hatonastick

Nice I guess, but ummm awfully pricey ($78us, $120au) even with its feature list.  Thanks for your suggestion, but I guess I'll have to stick with the free ones for now.

Moru

Pricetag is similar to the cheapest photoshop...

bigsofty

http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/ has a little Sprite editor that is quite simple to use.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hatonastick

Thanks very much guys for your suggestions, I think Ill stick with Graphics Gale Lite and Tile Studio which is what I have been using.  My budget is rather tight right now, hence why I don't want to splash out on something like Promotion.  Anyway I can work around the issues I have with the two packages I'm using and you can consider this thread closed -- I probably shouldn't have bothered everyone with this in the first place.  Thanks again!  :good: