Warband (In Development)

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapp

Hi All,

Taking a page from r0ber7 and his Red Wizard Development Thread. I thought some of you may be interested in what I've been up to in the 4 weeks since purchasing an Apple Development License and GLBasic Premium.

Please note that the following is mostly placeholder art and will change prior to release which is still months away:
I'll update with more pictures including actual gameplay sometime next week, I've completed one of the playable characters sprite animations, just need to make an enemy to being testing the gameplay code.

Title Screen

World Map (Level Select)

Inventory Screen

Zapp

Ogre Pirate Character

Nathan

Looks great!  What sort of game is it, I'm guessing an RPG maybe?

Zapp

Yeah will be a simple action RPG. Same mechanics as Battleheart if you are familar with that game, but hopefully a different enough take.

r0ber7

Quote from: Zapp on 2011-Dec-09
Taking a page from r0ber7 and his Red Wizard Development Thread. I thought some of you may be interested in what I've been up to in the 4 weeks since purchasing an Apple Development License and GLBasic Premium.

:good:

Mmm, mead... I checked out Battleheart. In the vid, around 1:30 an enemy appears which is quite similar to your ogre pirate. ;) I don't want to criticize too much (cause I know that can kill creativity), but I hope your style will be more different.  :x

Still, I love the ogre as you've drawn it, and the map makes me fondly remember my days of RPG playing. Nicely done, I'm curious as to how this will develop. :)

ampos

I love BattleHeart.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

Zapp

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2011-Dec-10
Quote from: Zapp on 2011-Dec-09

:good:

Mmm, mead... I checked out Battleheart. In the vid, around 1:30 an enemy appears which is quite similar to your ogre pirate. ;) I don't want to criticize too much (cause I know that can kill creativity), but I hope your style will be more different.  :x

Still, I love the ogre as you've drawn it, and the map makes me fondly remember my days of RPG playing. Nicely done, I'm curious as to how this will develop. :)

Thanks, and don't be afraid to criticise, I'm aware that the ogre is very similar to the enemy ogre in Battleheart. I will be diverging away with the rest of my characters. I'm working on an enemy 'tiki' man with a spear that will be in the tutorial island at the moment.

I'm not sure what the next playable character will be, I'm wanting to break some stereotypes with this game. You already are playing a group of traditionally evil monsters from an rpg out to smash and grab loot. I was thinking for the second character that a Stone Golem that heals people might be interesting. He's this massive giant guy, that carries a puny staff around and casts healing magicks.

erico

looks great so far, congrats, show more.