Glbasic for Marmalade SDK?

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

erico

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Jul-22
im still just hope Gernot a day release it as Open Source as same way Mark does with Monkey X. Its would been easier to find and fix eventuelly bugs.

He is just taking some vacation  ;) He should be back into full power anytime soon.

spacefractal

IM believe Mark is his own with Monkey, but he got a lots of help due Open Source it (but the ide still cost money of course). Example im could do a better integrate most of the Android Extras features direct to the exists commands from glbasic....
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Schranz0r

The big thing i hate the most in the GLB-IDE is the fact, that no GLOBALS from other sourcefiles would be showing on the mainsourcefile if you try the Autocompletion! :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

But i think OpenSource is the future of GLB.
I think Gernot is to busy to take it into the future?!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

mentalthink

MrT you know this SDK
http://www.mosync.com/sdk

It's C++ and this people done't stop of growing and it's free... I think it's the best Free Framework or SDK in the net OpenSource , you have Linux too.

MrTAToad

Looks nice - it supports procedural coding as well as event driven, so that is a big plus.

kanonet

Since mosync AB is bankrupt development may be slowed down/stopped, would need further investigation.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

Yes, sounds like it wouldn't be viable then.

hardyx

Do you have seen the new Apple language? It's called Swift and it's like the .Net (or Java) of Apple. I think it's a language created for reduce the complexity of C++/Objetive-C and it's aimed to develop games. The syntax is like a mix between Javascript, C# and Java and they say its equal or faster than Objetive-C. The downside is that only works in Apple devices, but I think it will be used a lot in the next years.

MrTAToad

I suspect Apple will keep the language to their computers.  I think they realise that Objective C is awful.