Problem Playing Ogg Encoded Audio

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthetic

I'm getting the following message when attempting to play an Ogg file through GLBASIC:

The specified file cannot be played on the specified MCI device. The file may be corrupt, not in the correct format, or no fil - The rest of the message is cut off here.

Here is the code I'm using:

PLAYMUSIC "1.ogg"
WHILE TRUE
WEND

As I understand it from the help, it should be able to play it. I have the Ogg Vorbis codec installed as I can play this same file via media player. Any ideas?
"Impossible is a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."

My AMXMODX plugins for Day of Defeat 1.3 can be found here.

Baggi

Hi Synthetic,

I have no idea, I never tried to play an .ogg file with GLBasic.

Gernot may help, but he is on holiday. I think he will be back next Saturday.

Baggi

Synthetic

Sounds good. I'll wait till he gets back. Thanks for the reply!
"Impossible is a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."

Kitty Hello

.ogg is only supported if you install a Windows Media Player Codec for it. Unless you want to ship this, you can
-convert to MP3 (WinLAME)
-use FMOD dll (with INLINE - see the showroom for an example)

Synthetic

Thank you for replying Gernot. I do have the OGG codec installed for Windows Media Player and I tried several other ogg codecs I found on the internet but recieved the same results so I went and tried the FLAC format which unfortunately gave the same message after installing that codec. I'd really like to avoid the fees (http://www.mp3licensing.com/royalty/games.html) of using the MP3 format. :P I checked out the FMOD example but they also charge to license. I am going to attempt to see if I can utilize the OGG dlls or take advantage of the inline c feature. When I get something working, I will share it with the GLBASIC community. =)

Kitty Hello

if you need help - and you will - let me know.