Sprite RGB Modification

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthetic

I'm looking for a way to alter the RGB values of a sprite while preserving the transparency and be able to paste different RGB altered versions on screen at once. This would reduce the number of sprites used as I currently have multiple sprites of the same image, just a different color being loaded. Altering RGB will also give the abillity to have a much, much wider range of color possibilities. Is there an easy solution to this?

On another note, I just made my purchase for the Premium version and am eagerly looking forward to resuming my project. =)
"Impossible is a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."

My AMXMODX plugins for Day of Defeat 1.3 can be found here.

Kitty Hello

OK. There might be a problem when your game runs in 16 bit color mode. You might be able to use GRABSPRITE, then SAVESPRITE and LOADSPRITE again on a temporary file. I'm not sure, though.
Best and safest is to store images as separate bmp files.

Synthetic

Thanks for the reply. I'll stick with the current method.

I just got the reg email. Looks like I won't be getting much sleep tonight. =D
"Impossible is a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."

My AMXMODX plugins for Day of Defeat 1.3 can be found here.

Kitty Hello

Tip from someone who does not aleep at all: If you're tired, you won't make much progress. Sleep, then program. If you've slept enough, you will double your output easily.