GLBasic - The Source Code

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

Not wrote much more here, but checkout the 64bit requirement thread for update.

There been a new release which would been released last January to meet the 64bit requirement for new apps (for updates it's 1 jun).

By now I'm seen Greedy Mouse, Spot Race and CatchOut running in 64bit mode. But they are not 3d nor using virtual screens.

So property I'm should get examples which use those for more testing.

On Android side, AE has been integrated, but the external project is still required for example ouya and ads ect. But basic support of AE is included.

That means assest now loads as normal again, even the install screen is skipped and the orientation and few other commands is fixed too, now Java calls can been done directly from source.

That means android 2.2 support is removed and glbasic now will require android 2.3 and up. But only few project using it anyway. It's would also easy me for AE updates as well.

For iOS, I'm cannot garentee v4.3 iOS support, so IOS 5.1 would been required now and of course 64bit support before deadline.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

I did lots of work over the holidays and put all source in a separate folder now. Also I use one batch file to compile the engine for all platforms and just call that script with some switches passed. That makes it a lot easier to maintain and extend GLBasic in the future.
I have some trouble with HTML5 again, but it can't be a big issue since it used to work.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

spacefractal

Can you give me the version of that and hopefully you implemented the latest fixes I'm send to you in email in few days ago?

There the Android path is fixed and added few thing to iOS as well as I'm Remember (the tilt issue, but swap orientation did not got fixed, but there is a easy workaround in xcode until then). I'm soon give you a new xcode project with can been used in the future. You do need few changes to your make app.exe since I'm not using the windows cross compiler, but compiled directly in xcode.

I'm did not looked for all platforms, but you have the idea.

PS. Greedy mouse got uploaded to Apple few days ago with 64bit support, but other games must wait when they open iTunes connect again due vacation.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

hardyx

Good news and good work kitty and spacefractal !!!

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

also DEBUG command needs to been depreacted for iOS. You have added back in glb.h (or was it me?).

Im get a "Expected unqualified-id" error, until im rename it. So that why im need that command to been depreciated that, and instead make sure to only use STDOUT instead internal.

Karma Miwa now running using the default xCode without glbasic source code.

But the game crash on SORTARRAY  when object is used. So the command not finally fixed. Im let HeadKaze look on that.

Start in next week after new year, I'm compile a final (beta) xcode project to anyone to use and to been implemented in glbasic. That project do not contain glbasic source and hence it's been public.

Property it's a glbasic v14 beta we will see?

PS. I'm fix the NETWEBEND android issue with music as well. Here is a Java issue and is nothing with stock glbasic code to do...

MrTAToad

So, what is planned for GLBasic next year ?

matchy

Quote from: TheMapChap on 2014-Dec-29
Here hold my beer and let's look at the statistics!

Engineering: 95%
Moral: 55%
Marketing: 5%

Schranz0r

Quote from: matchy on 2014-Dec-30

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrTAToad

Quote from: matchy on 2014-Dec-30

You've taken over all development then ? :)

MrTAToad

No, its only been there for a short while.  There are no other secrets...

Mithril

Well... not sure what to make of this. But I am kind of happy I started writing my own Basic compiler. It works, but not fully featured yet. I can tell you the motivation behind it though... threads. Anyway, this wasn't meant to derail the thread in any way. I am wondering as to why he is having less time to spend on this, and what it means for the compiler? Is it going open source? .. and being new here, I am also surprised to hear about a 'bonus' area?? Raises a few questions too to be honest. Not, necessarily bad ones, but more as to why there even is one?

Moru

Well the bonus section was started but there isn't much there yet since we are such a giving community :-) There is a project for cleaning up the manual for GLBasic, some people wanting to discuss game ideas with more experienced users that won't steal their idea straight off and so on.

As for the creator of GLBasic, he has been working on this project for more time than many of us has been programmers so it's understandable that he might need to change priorities in his life. Everyone gets these moments during their life even though the young ones do not understand this yet. :-)

Mithril

@Moru:

I see :) Well It's not surprising, since I am in the same kind of situation myself. Altough in my case I am looking to do something by myself, rather than doing work for others for so long time :) My own project started first out of curiousity on how do build a compiler :) so it's kind of understandable to have a section where people don't steal things straight off. Seen that too many times myself over the years (sadly, personally as well) so that caution is quite wise :)

But if he is handing over the source to a community, that is all well and good :) I wish more did that when they feel things are taking a new direction.

erico

Yep, that is one use of the bonus area, suppose you have an almost complete game and you want people to test, that would be the place to post it, same goes if you want to show the source code of your app/game/routine.

Also, the way I see, it is not like Gernot is handing the source and moving on, it is just that currently he won´t be able to implement what the users ask for and so he thinks it is fair to share the source so we can do it ourselves. GLB had many external(community) helps before.