OUTSTANDING BREAKTHROUGH!

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Yes! I just now managed to port GLBasic to the Gamebuino Meta prototype I have here. :enc:
I had to dump sdl2 entirely and use a self made library to make the commands work like the other platforms.

I will upload it soon! 

MrPlow

Wow!!
Well done! Do you have game demo running on it yet?
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

Congrats Erico, removing SDL2 must have been a tough job! Good news for the Gamebuino too!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

What? After years of 1st april efforts here... is this the very first time people fell for it? :-*

Slydog

Damn, I hate when Easter falls on April 1st - leaves us distracted and vulnerable!   :-[
Good one!  And I just received my Gamebuino. I thought I had to dust off my copy of GLBasic.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

erico

Quote from: Slydog on 2018-Apr-03
Damn, I hate when Easter falls on April 1st - leaves us distracted and vulnerable!   :-[

It was my hope/strategy! :D

But on a serious side, it would be nice to have a powerful basic running on that handheld.
The current C it takes I just don´t have time to invest in learning.

Maybe something that reads GLBasic code and converts to C equivalent using their easy library. Maybe just to cover the basic commands and some 2d stuff.
It is probably a huge effort anyways and I would have no idea where to start.

edit: I have to add my apologies to the ones that felt for it, sorry for the joke, I hope you excuse me. But I guess this was about my 8th attempt at least! ;)

MrPlow

Totally fell for it!
:D

:booze:
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

:D sneaky devil that you are Erico, nice one!  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)