Could we (the community) help collectively promote GLBasic?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruidesco

The B in GLBasic stands for Best. Spread the word. =D

ampos

Yeah, BASIC has a stigma. I avoid using GLBasic. I use GLB or C, as if you are on basic, you are just toying. No one takes you seriously. Once you get more indepth, you can talk about a modern basic.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

Sixth Sense

Even back in the Atari/Amiga days the term 'BASIC' seemed to have a little stigma attached.

On the boxes and manual covers from the Mandarin/Europress products the word 'BASIC' never appeared.

STOS ---the Game Creator
AMOS ---The Creator
AMOS Professional--- The Ultimate Programming Tool
Okay, It's been more than ten years now so I confess............I let the dogs out!

tatakamucher

GLB Game Engine - Change Basic to GLB script :P

I think a redesign of the website can help, some like 2.0 and html5  :booze:

erico

been away a while will try to get back to the lost posts...

about the logo or a powered by image,
I like the neo geo openings, ye 300mega, an skipable 10 sec intro.
Something like that for people to use would be great.
The logo requires some adaptations currently, I have to come up with one with outlines, fix the left shadow and prepare same variations like CMYK for print  or 2 colors b/w one. I will do it soon as time allows. :)

GLBasic is a nice name for me, I can't  bother for the stigma on the 'basic' word as it is, imho, only older coders with some 8-bit experience will remember it. I guess such stigma dosen't exist on these newer generation? Nowadays I also feel some bad stigma for java and flash too, worse then the basic one. But people produce wonders on java and flash and some other script languages too.

A 2 min portfolio video of glbasic games would be really nice. We can count me in for that if needed. :good:

MrTAToad

It turns out my video editors can't unfortunately cut and paste from videos, so I wont be able to do it...

However, don't forget about this :

Wampus

Nice vid MrTAToad

Its a shame your video editor won't play nice. I could try myself...later. I have a ton of stuff to work through in the next few weeks but I really want to put some clips together. Hopefully my video editing skills will improve in that time since I want to make a few WIP videos for my game Chaos Rematch in that time. What I will find the time to do is try to get the message out about GLBasic in small ways. I need to improve my ability to promote anyway since low visibility is currently a major weakness in my set up.

Erico, I'd like to use your stuff for sure.  :)

MrTAToad

Its annoying, but only noticed when this treat started as I've never needed it before...

mentalthink

Well I´m working in a Magazine about programming and Design 3D whit Glbasic, the Magazine have a Training by numbers... the Magazine it´s about another things  like retrocumputing , Game Reviews and Electronic things...  It can´t see the light after Summer... but I like to put some Advertising for free of the games in the Forum... I only can give a thing, and it´s promoto all you have, your FaceBook Youtube and all you can send me... and well I anyone can colaborate, I transalte to Spaninsh....

I leave the Cover of the Magazine... this will change because, I hope some Monster of Electronic, explain how make an Spectrum 48 K in your home, whit your own hands...

[attachment deleted by admin]

erico

What a great idea Mentalthink! Make sure it is online too.
I have never doubted the power of Spanish people´s mind into computing, ever since the 8-bit era and msx days.

mentalthink

Yes, erico Spain was the second producer in Europe in the called "Edad Dorada del Soft Español" the 80´s , only have 4 important companyes in total (well, four or five friends making games ), too much people don´t know this but the 90% of the airports of the World use soft Spanish, and I´m not very sure about this but I think this soft was made by the Mr. who make "La pulga" the first game in created in Spain, but was sold first in UK...

Spaninsh POWA!!!!  :good:  :booze:

erico

It sure was and it sure is as today, lot´s of outstanding Spanish indies going around.
If I´m not wrong, the filmation 3d isometric stuff was put up to good use by the Spanish at the very first beginning of it.
Although I´m a high fan of Cadaver by the bitmap brother later on, you guys must stop influencing the world, otherwise I will just have to call Torrente to do you some good! :P

I see a tutorial on glbasic there on the front cover.
I once thought of a plan to bring in GLBasic to the tech 2nd and 3rd degree schools in brasil.
Chance to make it happen still didn´t happen, and sure I must learn a bit more to do so.
Tech schools are in high nowadays here, government is learning from the Germans that tech schools are extremely important to society.

But, at least I manage to put up a few speeches on that and glb and I do my best to promote it to the professionals I know too. :good: