Opengl Rendering Ceases..

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

When i minimize a server(or even a client) for a few minutes(around 10-15minutes), the rendering in the window ceases.
It also stops rendering the title bar of the window...although the X at the top right corner works...but you cant see it(i just guessed where it is and clicked)

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

kanonet

AUTOPAUSE TRUE or FALSE?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Hemlos

FALSE

All my projects are affected like this.
The new one in beta section does too, noaa goes project.

You have to minimize it for a while.
When i come back to the program, it wants to link to the shortcut, instead of restoring the window.
If i click the virtual window above the taskbar icon, the window comes back up, but its all black, including the title and minimize/maximize/exit buttons.

-Windows 7 64bit
amd a10 trinity w/8 gig ram, and an ssd....system is fast, and clean with not much installed except the important updates and security stuff...no junk at all.

more info....the program is still running....it is still responding to buttons, i could tell because i have a key that makes it go fullscreen.
it is still downloading images on intervals too...seems to be fine, except rendering.

only happens to glbasic binaries..other programs run fine, and restore rendering when clicked into

Kitty Hello

it's not responding? Or just not redrawing?

Hemlos

When the window comes back up...black screen, even the top title bar of the window.
I have some ideas of how this might be happening..
a) internet browser plugins or something, video players? I think youtube.
b) directx programs.
c) theres a moth on the transistor.

ps i have all the latest drivers for os and video. i made sure.
pps. this doesnt happen if i run the same programs in linux using wine as the loader....the programs run indefinetly, very good i might add(although i havent tested 3d yet...soon)

MrTAToad

There was a post about this somewhere, which I cant find.

Essentially, what happens is that a Windows program uses an extra 0.1Mb per second when minimised.

Got a video of it here : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24t6n1_glbasic-memory-usage_tech

spacefractal

Property all textures have wiped out and needs to been reload them again. This can been happens on some graphics drivers.

Have you checked the size of the texture after a resume, if they got wiped?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Hemlos

errr the screen turns black, so does the title bar for windows.
Doubt this is anything to do with loading images.

MrTAToad

Fonts certainly aren't removed from memory, and I doubt sprites would either - that would only happen on a screen resolution change.

Hemlos

more info here...

it is not something else in windows interfering...
I minimized the program, and ran it for a while.
And i did NOT run anything else at all.

Still same issue...black window after a few minutes...about 5-10 minutes.

MrTAToad

Yes, the memory leak does need fixing

Hemlos

fuzzy70 experiened a blackout too, in windows 7, he reported this in the beta thread of noaagoes.
On this same note, he also tested in windows 8.1 , and didnt have this effect.

MrTAToad

That is odd, as I can replicate the problem too - although only for debug mode.  It's possible that the problem exists with release mode but for previous systems...

Hemlos

I think it might be opengl.