[Released] iXors3D Header Update and Library Update (ver 0.111)

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

GLBasic Header Update and Library Update (ver 0.111)

Get em on the blog at http://www.gl.xors3d.com

QuoteiXors3D is a very powerful engine for the iPhone.

A simple description would be "Blitz3D for the iPhone" but this would not do it justice IMHO, it goes way beyond Blitz3D in certain areas.

Have fun,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Marmor

not tested yet but wh00t  :D

codegit

I have been using iXors3d and c for the last two weeks and it rocks. This addition to GLBASIC is really cool, thanks Ian.  :enc:
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

codegit

@Ian

What version of the iXors3d lib are you using? ie: Is it a trial lib? I have the full bought version and when I tried to substitute my lib, I had problems compiling on the MAC. It might just be me being stupid, but before I try figure out what the problem is I need to know if its possible to use my version. I know from watching the iXors3d forum that the author was "tweaking" things for you along the way. Have these tweaks been included in the latest version of the bought lib?

Thanks

OOPS - Just read your documentation, please ignore my post....... :-[
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

codegit

I ran the maze example on my iTouch and it works but no movement. IE: The Accelerometer does not seem to be registering. This could be a problem on my side, but I have managed to use the Accelerometer using iXors3d and obj-c. (Strange)

Can you please confirm that the exact example above allows movement for you? Thanks
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

bigsofty

Hmmm, strange, it worked fine with me? I'll double check the listing, in case I messed it up while cleaning it up for the archive.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

codegit

LOL - we seem to be chasing each other between forums.   :D

The importance of your work now that we have a MAC IDE looming is even greater.  :good:
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

bigsofty

LOL, so it seems!

P.S. Your not testing the new GLBasic beta James? I don't think it would make a difference but you never know.  ;/
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

codegit

No I have not yet moved to the new version. We have an ongoing project and I usually wait until the versions are stable?
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

bigsofty

This seems to have been fixed.

Can someone with an iPhone give this a test please, just to be sure?

Many thanks,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

gregbug

Quote from: bigsofty on 2010-May-08
This seems to have been fixed.

Can someone with an iPhone give this a test please, just to be sure?

Many thanks,

Ian

wow... just tested on my iPhone 3GS work fine (solid 60FPS!)
Ciao Ciao,
Gianluca. (l'Aquila tornerà a volare alta nel cielo!!!!)

bigsofty

Thanks for testing that Greg.  :good:

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

codegit

All working great, thanks Ian.

Now if there was some way to include the xors3d lib file and the two frameworks (coregraphics and multimedia) into the Xcode project produced by GLBASIC,  this would definitely be workable. But I suppose this can only be done by Gernot?  :(
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

bigsofty

Glad its fully working with you now James.

The Multimedia lib is used with normal GLBasic compilation should already be installed by default?

The only two to be added should be CoreGraphics and the iXors lib.

With me, at least when using a shared PC drive I add any frameworks at the beginning of the day and as long as I don't don't reload any changed files(it doesn't seem to ask) or re-open the XCode project I don't have to re-add anything till I turn the Mac off.

I did look into what files held the framework information but I did not like to mess with it at the end of the day.

It would be nice if there was a simple entry in the GLBasic project file that specified frameworks, maybe a future request?

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

trucidare

frameworks are set in xcodeproject file with hash. so you are not able to set it from other tools as xcode.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC