A Mini Falafel Adventure

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Hey chaps,

check this game out:
http://www.beadybox.com/falafel/

Really special stuff, clever mechanics, incremental gameplay, a la metroid but not much of backtracking. If you would like the likes of La Mulana or Cave Story, this is for you.
The effects are super great, half sprites, half a particle system to erase stuff randomly, it gives a unique look to each one.

Music is superb, check the ~24 musics on the game folder. Done by Reed Richards.
All in mod format so you can see its 4 channel construction and the samples of chip tune.
#13 and 17 are alwesome.

have fun

MrPlow

Will check out after my project is finished/ :)
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Paul Smith

Not Bad, Its Hard, I keep dying.
Music is great no sure which 13 and 17 track you mean. Magichip? , Paska3? Magichip Good not sure on Paska3

Looks like its written in Visual C++ by the headers.

Nice find :)
Amstrad CPC 6128, ATARI STE.
Acer  SW5-173 & AMD RYZEN 7,RTX 3060TI

mentalthink

Thanks Erico  I like a lot thins kind of graphics... I try it... Dowloaded!!!  :good:

erico

Quote from: Paul Smith on 2015-Aug-06
Music is great no sure which 13 and 17 track you mean. Magichip? , Paska3? Magichip Good not sure on Paska3
Looks like its written in Visual C++ by the headers.

Play the music in-game, there is a player on OPTIONS.
I think it may be a click team stuff? I finished the game and it displays a sort of a mention.

UBERmonkeybot

Nice game and also really annoying!!   =D

spacefractal

Its seen there is some tunes that is not done in Reed when looking in the xm/mod credits. Also many of those tunes is also pretty old and pretty cool, and he property have got permission to use those tunes. So no problemo doing that at all.

Im have downloaded, but still havent played it, but its does look cool.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/