GLBasic Competition: Board games

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

post a small example to reproduce that, please.

Albert

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Jan-25

I send a mail to you. Thank for your help.

[edit] got it, thx (Kitty)

Albert

Now trying the latest glBasic and WOOOW.
I'm testing on PDA and It's lightning fast. ALPHAMODE blending is fast.
Polyvector is working.
MP3 playback isn't working on my device

GP2X:
Nothing changed.

Quote from: Albert on 2010-Jan-26
Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Jan-25

I send a mail to you. Thank for your help.

[edit] got it, thx (Kitty)

FutureCow

Update :
Battleship is coming along well. I merged in the fixed .obj->.ddd converter from Kitty Hello last night and rebuilt my models. There was success in that now the UV maps were the right way up, but failure in that now all my original textures were upside down.  As I used the opportunity to rotate all my models in the same direction and somewhere along the line ended up with a totally new UV map for one of my models, last night ended up being all about getting textures right again.

Other than that it's all about bugs in the network gameplay mode.

ynbniar

Much happier with this title screen...

...and here is the game in action ! ...

Now I'm off to track down a gazillion bugs  :rant:

FutureCow

I love the look of the little green man! Is that a photographed plastic figurine? It looks very realistic.

The title page looks good too - I'd suggest modifying the "Human Detectives=1" and "Thief Sound Icons<Off>" lines so they're consistent  (it looks a little strange to me otherwise). Maybe "Human Detectives : 1" and "Thief Sound Icons : Off" ?

ynbniar

Quote from: FutureCow on 2010-Jan-28
I love the look of the little green man! Is that a photographed plastic figurine? It looks very realistic.

The title page looks good too - I'd suggest modifying the "Human Detectives=1" and "Thief Sound Icons<Off>" lines so they're consistent  (it looks a little strange to me otherwise). Maybe "Human Detectives : 1" and "Thief Sound Icons : Off" ?

Cheers...good suggestion regarding the menu...I'll need to give you a credit  ;)

Yes the figurine is from a photograph...a bit of a cheat but as you can see from the gameboard my pixel art skills are limited  ;)

FutureCow

Here's my screenshot. The left and right half look a bit different at the moment because (a) I'm doing some experimenting with the viewing angle, and (2) I had to delete a whole lot of garbled player info off the screenshot (hence why the wave on the left has a flat top instead of the nice moving one like the right hand side) as my font isn't kerning properly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

those are looking both really nice.
I don't know "Stop Thief". I'll have to look it up now...

FutureCow

2 Questions Gernot!

1) What time on the 12th are submissions to be in by? (Can you please make sure you put the timezone so I know what time it is for me locally)

2) Where are we uploading our submissions to? (Assuming we get them finished...  :blink: )

Kitty Hello

1) My birthday is on 13th, so I guess a few hours late are no problem.

2) I have to do THAT still O_O Thanks for reminding me.

Albert

File size limit for zip is 15 mega, But what a ZIP should be contains?
1) All the source to compile, and media files
2) Must contains the executables (win32, wince exe, GP2X prg), or not?

I think executables is not a must have as You will be recompile everything. However gp2x.prg is more than 3 MB...

Kitty Hello

Is 15 mega too small? I mean, incl. the program binary?

Ian Price

Seriously? It's a board game! If you can't code a board game (including music and sfx) in 15Mb you're doing a pretty poor job!

I think 15Mb a pretty fair file-size. RR comps have been limited to less in the past and have been pretty successful. The last comp had only one entry (IIRC) over 15Mb and that just wasted the space with unnecessary music and crap. The game was no better for it.
I came. I saw. I played.

WPShadow

For me (with sound & gfx) it's more than enough!  :booze:
AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est