Burguer stuff

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Oh heck, why not post the trailer too?? :-[
It needs some fixes and I will probably get rid of that fast sequence a bit after the start, but it is pretty much a fast cut, I don´t want people to understand the game by this trailer (use the gameplay video instead), but it "should" be nicy enough to raise interest.

PS. Was edited for me, no sure why youtube not working anymore. API is property changed.

r0ber7

Nice! I like the ending where it falls into the water.  8)

MrPlow

Looks great!!!

Should get a lot of arcade co-op fans!  :good:
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

Videos are missing for me, anyone else have the same problem?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

That is very strange, they show up fine here. They are unlisted though, could that be a reason?

dreamerman

There is some issue with Youtube videos here on forum, no idea why but you need to disable ad blocking / allow 'dangerous' content to be shown :D (at least in Opera)
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

bigsofty

That worked, thanks DM.

Looks great Eric, frantic and fun. Love the retro look, SFX, palette and the low res GFX all have a very familiar nostalgic feel. 
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Thank you all for the help! :good:

I added a total of 64 stages and added an extra enemy, a sushi.
All in hope to be able to charge 9.99 while offering more content to boot.

I ended up forking for a xbox one controller, which in brazil, comes as cheap as 100 dollars :(
All working on this front but... it all conflicts a bit with the code-read I did to use psx3 and psx4 joypads.

I´m not in a position to remake the control system and I´m willing to drop psx pads support altogether.
It seems by the latest steam pool not many people use their psx pads to play on PC.

What do you guys think about it?

dreamerman

I though that basic joypad input should be same for all gamepads. Does button numbers (are mapped differently) on PS3/4 pads differs from those on Xbox pads or its something else?
Or maybe this are issues with JoyState only?
As Xbox controllers have more than 60% of Steam market it still would be good to support the rest of possible gamepads, specially in such kind of game. On other hand GetJoy should also work with those pads without problems hm..
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

erico

If you plug a psx pad on a win 7, it downloads sony drivers and its button mappings conflict a bit with xbox/pc pads.
So if you play with an xbox controller, the intended pad/joy and buttons work fine, but if I press other non-used buttons, it responds as actions mapped towards the psx.

I could get the joy name and work from there, but how about the millions of joy clones? would they get same system name?

I could leave the control code as it is since it works, but it might get confusing for the less computer neard.

On another subject, I think the game is pretty much done.
Since it is a multiplayer game, it is hard to test for everything, so, should one go for early access to iron possible deal breaker bugs?
Or just release the game normally and patch should something arise?

EDIT: I think I got the controls all fine now.

erico

Everything is at Steam´s hands now, hopefully the game is online by 30th this month. :bed:

spacefractal

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/