the 10 year anniversary of the LudumDare 48h game programming competition will start next weekend. It's a great event and I want to encourage everyone to participate. It's great fun and you push your programming skills immensely in this short time.
Due to the anniversary, I want you to try GLBasic for this competition as your (new?) language. Why you ask? Because you might win an awesome device!
The deal is this: Write a game using GLBasic
for the compo, enter and somewhere on your title screen say "written in GLBasic"
Then, come here and post
a link to your submitted game.
You game can be any target platform, any screen size, any anything.
Among all entries done with GLBasic I give this prize
Android Tablet "Zixoon a71" with
* Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
* A10 email@example.comGHz
* Mali 400 MP graphics processor
* 800 x 480 Pixel
* 5 Point Capacitive Touchscreen
* Wifi 802.11 b/g/n @ 150 Mbit/s
* 2160p mini HDMI 1.4 port
* 8GB NAND Flash
* microSD slot (supports SDHC up to 32 GB)
* 7" size: 193 x 116 x 11 mm
* Li-Pol (3600 mAh) battery (ca. 5h of fun before charging)