Feature request > Tools

Compiling shared libraries for other platforms

(1/2) > >>

the.weavster:
The ability to compile shared libraries for other platforms (esp Linux/webOS) would be :good:

Pretty please with sugar on  :nw:

the.weavster:
Hello Ocean  :)

--- Quote from: Ocean on 2011-Dec-15 ---With shared libraries you mean .so (Linux/OSX) or .DLL (Windows) files?
--- End quote ---
Yes.

Kitty Hello:
What are you trying to achieve?

the.weavster:
Hi Kitty Hello,

--- Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Dec-16 ---What are you trying to achieve?
--- End quote ---
To create libraries I could use with LuaJIT. I want to create something that's conceptually quite similar to murgaLua but tailored to my own needs.

Initially I'm planning a Betfair bot and I want to be able to run it / modify it on any platform I use (primarily PCLinuxOS but if I could get it to run on a tablet too that would be great) so a fast interpreter with a runtime would work better for me than having to keep getting my old Windows laptop out to recompile for every platform every time I want to make a change.

As an alternative suggestion, have you ever considered creating an interpreted version of GLBasic for each supported platform? I'd happily buy them as separate products, especially if the scripts would run unchanged on any platform.

--- Quote from: Ocean on 2011-Dec-16 ---DLL's are no problem, these can be compiled right now.  I'm not too sure about .so files, haven't done that yet myself.
For your convenience, I've attached a DLL demonstration project that was put up on this forum some years ago..
--- End quote ---
Thanks Ocean but for some reason I can't get that download link to work.

Kitty Hello:
I'm not sure if I want the GLBasic engine to be used as a library for a script language.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version