Previous topic - Next topic

nabz32

So the Server went down 
and all my Posts are gone:'(

But this GLBasic Project won´t die  =D

3D RPG Engine

Videos:
Latest Version:

I Tested this with 12 Enemys, collision with statics was always correct, but when the Player pushes towards the enemy crowd, some Enemys switched their places with adjactant enemys. I hope this sorts itself, once pushing non static objects is handled correctly.

This just Shows the circle collision with static objects, also the 0.2 rain Version, which has been updated already ( the Problem with rain was getting it nice looking without loosing to much Frames on the Pandora ).

This Demos the Day Night cycle and the 0.1 rain Version, which behaviour is closer to the updated 0.3 rain

Here are the first steps I have done on the Event Editor, a very early Version of it.
Since then many more Actions and conditions have been implemented.
Like animating objects, moving the camera, adding Items to Inventory and set Variables.
Also ANDing up to 5 different conditions for one Action.

The following Videos are very early phases I went through with the Level Editor:

( Multi Textured Walls )

( connected tiles, like a path )

( First real Editor Setup )

( Only a simple, undeveloped Engine test on the Pandora )

Current Status ( This will be updated as the game Progresses )

Collision Engine: roughly 4/5 done ( works good, but has some issues when non static Objects let themself push themselves away without a proper weight handling )

Vegetation Engine: DONE ( Stomping down grass and rainy grass work, but I Need to make some new BMPs to really Show it off )

Level Engine: DONE ( Scrolling is calculated ressource greedy and works at any movement rate, diagonal Tiles, Multi textured walls, create new tiles... )

Static Object Engine: DONE ( Animateable rotateable, almost freely positionable and tilebased )

Enemy Engine : roughly 1 / 5 done ( Spawning Enemys, calculating enemys to some extend )
-> Next here is the Enemy Kind Editor.

Item Engine : roughly 3 / 5 done ( Create new Items, rename them, select an item-sprite, edit the stats they will alter and set them to usable, equipable or just to carryable ( for keys etc. ) )
- > Next is designing and drawing the Inventory.

currently working on
Item Engine.

Thanks to

All People who are posting on this great board, despite its unstableness.

Extra thanks to the super moderator Kanonet who got me to rethink some of my strategies for the better, by giving the right hints.

An extra extra thanks goes to Gernot, who spended and spends so much time for developing this awesome Piece of Software called GLBasic.

Ian Price

Thankfully you came back! :D

Keep us upto date with your progress.
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

Quote from: nabz32 on 2014-Apr-21
But this GLBasic Project won´t die  =D

yeah!   :booze: :booze:

Quote from: nabz32 on 2014-Apr-21
An extra extra thanks goes to Gernot, who spended and spends so much time for developing this awesome Piece of Software called GLBasic.

I confirm : not totally perfect but awesome and powerful   :good:

nabz32

Some Updates:
I am almost finished with the inventory ( Only need to Change controls for selecting Items from mouse to dPad ).
The Inventory is sorted after equip categories. It is possible to assign non Equip items to three fast use spots.

I improved some Actions and added more to the Event Editor.
Map transitions, Event movement and camera movement are now working.

Added additional stats to object types, such as LightSource and Scale Factor.

Added World Editor, currently allows you to assing Maps to worlds, also World Variables can be renamed or set for new game start.

Here are some screenshots from the graphically unspectacular, but working inventory,
the Item Editor and a shot using lighting and the camera movement Action from the Event Editor.

Next up is the Enemy Editor.

nabz32

Hello again,

I have opened a new branch to my rpg engine, so it can serve as jump and run engine.

Added a Box Editor / placement editor. Added simple box shadows and player shadow.
Added proper box collision routines.
finished the enemy editor / placement editor. Implemented proper hit detection routines.
added Terrain ghosting when it blocks the view to the player.
Added acceleration and mommentum to the players movement.
Added X Z rotation to the player when he stands on a slope.
Added speed gain / loss when walking on a slope.
Added controlable camera rotation.
Rewritten the event execution engine.
Added Effects ( mostly 3d plains with animated texture ).
Removed the lawn effect for now ( drops the frame rate to much on the Pandora ).
Made the whole engine compatible with maps of any size.

Working on:
Allowing boxes to move, so they can serve as platforms.

Latest videos (older to newest ):

nabz32

-Finished implementing moving boxes ( each box can have up to 10 WayPoints ).
-Added coins.

Here is a video:

The speed on the pandora during the scene with many coins, didn´t change much while rendering those.

Ian Price

Coming along very nicely :)
I came. I saw. I played.

nabz32

Thx!

I will add the jetpack next

nabz32

I added many new things:

-a MotorCycle
-Event System is now fully capable of producing variation rich NPCs and is more detailed controlable in general than before.
-Block shadows are updated now for moving blocks
-Improved the collision system to go better with high frameskipping
-Portable jump spring like the ones in Super Mario World on the SNES
-Concept for the whole story finished

Some Videos showing a WIP Leveldesign and some NPC interaction tests:

Thx GLBasic for being so awesome =D

Marmor

matchy

Super neat.  <3 Not sure what sort of feedback you'd like but I really like it.

Ian Price

That really is coming on a treat. Nice one  :good:
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

It's amazing.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

nabz32

Thx for all the praise :)

I made another video showing the jump coil and the motorbike:

bigsofty

Cool stuff, very Nintendo'ish!  =D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)