BASIC

Author Topic: PowFish - please test for Android and Windows  (Read 10416 times)

Offline Ian Price

• Administrator
  • Prof. Inline
  • On the shoulders of giants.
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
Re: PowFish - please test for Android and Windows
« Reply #30 on: 2012-Jan-01 »
I'm happy to give both a quick play, but I won't have time until Tuesday.

What specifically do you want me to test? Give full details and I can then check out those bits first.

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

Offline Wampus

• Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012-Jan-01 »
Thanks :) Please note the downloads I set up yesterday are now obsolete. The latest I put on Monday evening.

Just these few things need testing specifically:-

* The game should save its exact position on exit and resume play on start, unless the app was running for less than 1 second, in which case the player is taken to the the starting menu.

* It should save and successfully reload the challenges and high scores data.

* Previously when the gesture area was touched while in a game it immediately shut down. I think ALLOWESCAPE FALSE should have fixed that but I'm not sure.

There was a bug before that either prevented saving of player progress on some devices or wiped it out after 5 or more challenges had been completed. The code that handled loading and saving has been completely rewritten, so if there are problems, they shouldn't be repeats of previous problems.
« Last Edit: 2012-Jan-03 by Wampus »

Offline BdR

• Dr. Type
    • View Profile
    • BdR Games
« Reply #32 on: 2012-Feb-08 »
Looks great, I was just wondering though.. how did you get the water wave effect in the background? :good: it looks so cool!

Do you use 3D vertexes with the background image as texture? Or do you only use the 2D functions and move "slices" of a bitmap image? Any chance of posting an example in the Code Snippets section?

Offline Wampus

• Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-Feb-09 »
The water effect is already posted in the code snippets section :) Click here.