3D Entity System [EN]

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

Gernot, is the attached zip at on the first post including the updates mentioned above? It's just that you mention it's updated in November but the modification date of the first post is in September. Plus integrating the first post code into my game doesn't seem to work for me (can't even see the object).

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

Yes, it should be all in. Did an older version work and now it fails!?

Crivens

No the fixed 2d positioning has never worked in my game.

Also the 3DES on its own doesn't seem to compile for me.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

Download again. It should say version 0.8.4.
Also the example I attached (when running - the ball "game") uses the 2D position to place a small sphere in the top left corner.

ProN3rd

hey i was wondering about the practical implications of such an entity component system based approach for smaller projects. I sure see the advantages for enormous projects that involve many people and years of development. But what about a small indie game that only consists of a few thousand lines? There is so much exception handling going on, i couldnt even image how to realize this effecintly with an entity approach.

bigsofty

I had a question about a sub in the code but It was one of those "Doh, I shoulda seen that!", right after this post... and there's no delete post option I see. :D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)