Fullscreen fix

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for setting the fullscreen on GLB
So if a fullscreen fails then the screen window stretches to the desktop width and height...
tried with setscreen but not working for me.
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

dreamerman

hm.. on what OS You have problems with SetScreen? Did You tried using SetScreen on basic project just ot test if some graphic functions like 3d is causing problems?
Personally I didn't encounter problems with SetScreen apart one - default res 720p game on some user laptop (WXGA display) - game window was wrongly positioned - wasn't centered (so he wasn't able to see bottom of it), but that can be bypassed by manual change in app cfg file.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

No fancy modes or 3D in use - or extern files.

1280 x 1024 is my destop and I have my project set to 1366 x 768 for common laptop full res settings.

As a test, I want to be able to resize to the 1280 x 1024 then re-position and rescale from 1366 to 1280 and center with a letterbox using createscreen sprite of 1366 x 768.

It seems the best alternative for me I think.

Comp:

dreamerman

So You are rather looking for something like PRESCALER command? To get Your game scaled properly to all resolutions that user can choose.
There was also one system for that made by spacefractal
Or I'm getting something wrong - it's late :D
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

spacefractal

currectly you cant set higher resolution than your desktop uses in glbasic without its freak out (a issue im should look a day, but not a priotity). use a external screen.

Yes im did a auto rescaling system as well past in the day in the code snippet. I mdo newer used PRESCALER throught due it. Genius Greedy Mouse and Karma Miwa did newer used any virtual screen, due speed reasons.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Ah, I see.

Once I set my screen width to 1280 then fullscreen works with letterbox effect on a 4:3 screen.
So I can put a switch in my code to detect if the user screenwidth is lower than my designed size.

That could work.

Comp: