ScribbleMP - Android

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

can you test if the drawing works on your android device?
For me it does not :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

I'll give it a go...

OscarBraindeaD

The drawings works well for me, on a Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Gary

nope for me on a disgo 6000 tablet with android 2.2 installed

I get the colour bars at the top, the black and white bar at the bottom and the i button but no inputs work

cant exit the app either

MrTAToad

I had not problem exiting, but couldn't draw anything - I suspect you are using DRAWLINE :)

Gary

to be honest the disgo 6000 is rubbish, no multi touch screen, no google market, says it android 2.2 but no flash, cannot connect via USB to PC. A few programs I have tried that are unsigned or debug have locked up with no way of exiting.

So I would not read too much into it not working on my device

Kitty Hello

strange thing is, I use DRAWSPRITE for the menu bar and polyvector for the lines, which really should be the same internally. So strange. And great, that it runs on a Galaxy :/
I've never met a worse platform for programming than Android. But I think I mentioned that already?

Back to the drawing board...

MrTAToad

Worse than Pandora, eh ? :)

Ian Price

QuoteI've never met a worse platform for programming than Android.
Ouch!
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

On Pandora and most other platforms the device specs are static. On PC/Mac/Linux, the drivers are so robust these days, that it's possible to achieve whatever you waant with 2 or 3 methods.
But Android is totally different. There's totally different devices with different driver specs and different screens, sensors, keyboards, multi-or singletouch and so on...

Well, but it's running the basic stuff pretty good already, which is fine.

MrTAToad

Yes, Androids are very variable in spec and speed :)

By the way, I'm not sure that SPRCOLL is working on Android...

Kitty Hello

SPRCOLL might not work. That's because "glReadPixels" fails, then. Savesprite and getpixel will be broken as well then. Let's hope that's not the case.