Bitmapped Font Functions - Everything but the kitchen sink!

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

PeeJay

Ooooh, not too bad, thanks - to be honest, I've been quite glad of the break, as I was on a major coding hit - I mean, since switching to GLB last December, there was been 3 full games written, one nearly finished, and loads of little odds and sods, so I guess I deserve a holiday really!

I have been keeping half an eye on this place, but as I haven't fired up GL Basic for several weeks, I have to admit I haven't kept up with all the new developments, and the little extras that Gernot has been adding in. I'm sure I'll get round to hitting the coding buttons again before too long tho!  ;/
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

PeeJay

Oh yeah - I had a few ideas before I had my break anyway, but, to be honest, TriTangle will very likely be my last game as such. Given I am shit at graphics, and getting them done with contacts at RR was difficult enough - since I have parted company with that site, then then is absolutely no chance of getting any spriting done.

Ian Price

If you have some small games in mind (perhaps suitable for GP2X, Wiz, Pandora rather than pc) then I could perhaps give yuo a hand? I work best at low res. and cartoon stylee - see my Shark game WIP for examples.
I came. I saw. I played.

PeeJay

Thanks for the offer, but since I only have a PC (and a DS), then coding for a GP2X seems a bit, er, pointless! :) Oddly enough (and don't laugh at this), one of the things I had been mulling over (and was even considering for the RR compo before the furore) was doing a remake of - are you ready for this - Vu-File! As databases go, it was perfect for what most people would ever need; it was a doddle to use, freeform, and you could design nice pretty index cards......

Ian Price

I meant more the console type of resolution rather than anything bigger than 640x480 (unless scaled).

I can't say I've ever seen or used Vu-File,. I think the last database app. I used was DBase4 about 20 years ago!

Creating apps can be good too though - I recently did MaxANSI and started working on MaxMapper and enjoyed doing something other than games for a short time.
I came. I saw. I played.